Home Main Category Clubhouse

When did this last incarnation happen?

john.41john.41 MemberPosts: 316 Member
I can accept a little change once in a while....if it improves something.

Just an old guys opinion...the G&A forum is not fun anymore. I guess the Russians and President Trump are to blame for this too.

Either that ...or a progressive liberal bean counter, hiding somewhere. :'(

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,387 Senior Member
    A few months back, we had a "poof" moment and suddenly this is the forum
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    This is the best yet of all the versions since the old one went away. Just take a little time to familiarize yourself with it and it kinda grows on you. I was expecting the worst at first, but was surprised. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 394 Member
    As a "lurker" lots of long time knowledgable or interesting members hardly ever post anymore. Yup; must be an improvement.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,949 Senior Member
    A lot of it is apparently change for the sake of change - like so many things are. Probably some to accommodate "devices" with inadequate screen sizes. With that said, once it got debugged, I have no problems with it other than the GLARING white - its going to cause me snow blindness!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,874 Senior Member
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    Here's the blow-by-blow.

but everyone took it in their stride.

Lots of crayons were used on the paperwork and it cleaned up nice.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,284 Senior Member
    I am kind of new .... but am having fun & learning every day from the people on here about all sorts of topics . The political things are here because we get pounded all day every day so it is on most peoples minds . I have been to only one other forum & there were some great people there too but the stuffed shirts there & up tight ideas wasn't for me . I take great pride in not judging people for there thoughts & ideas they share . If we all thought alike it would be really boring & the airplane would have never been invented .
    Just an old guys thoughts & rant .
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    I have a theory about Information Technology folk. They are like women in one respect. They insist on rearranging/changing the furniture on a regular basis and for no reason that a man can fathom. That's my theory/opinion and I'm stickin' to it! :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,503 Senior Member
    I don’t think he’s talking about the format. 

If he’s actually talking about the content. 

I have to agree. Less guns and hunting and more stupid crap. 

Just one man’s opinion, though. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Has a clubhouse for a reason.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,521 Senior Member
    Should be renamed the henhouse.

More angry, complaining clucking as of late than anything 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    Should be renamed the henhouse.

More angry, complaining clucking as of late than anything 
    COCK

a doodle doo.

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    I still like beer.  So, there's that. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,806 Senior Member
    jumps up and down a lot; but, it works.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,062 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #16
    john.41 said:
    I can accept a little change once in a while....if it improves something.

Just an old guys opinion...the G&A forum is not fun anymore. I guess the Russians and President Trump are to blame for this too.

Either that ...or a progressive liberal bean counter, hiding somewhere. :'(
    This place is still fun if you embrace the silliness. Otherwise, you'll just be frustrated all the time.

And yes, the Russians colluded with Donald Trump to upgrade this forum.... The Fire-Wall goes up next month! ;)
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I have a theory about Information Technology folk. They are like women in one respect. They insist on rearranging/changing the furniture on a regular basis and for no reason that a man can fathom. That's my theory/opinion and I'm stickin' to it! :D

A perfect analogy. You nailed it! Just because you can change something doesn't necessarily mean you should.