Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Jeff Sessions resigns as Attorney General

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,398 Senior Member
edited November 2018 in Second Amendment/Politics #1
Hope Trey Gowdy is picked as a replacement. Trey would be a bulldog  U.S. Attorney General. He knows where the dirt is. That would make a lot of Obama's administration people extremely nervous.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/jeff-sessions-resigns-as-attorney-general

Jeff Sessions resigns as attorney general

| November 07, 2018 02:44 PM

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the first sitting senator to endorse Donald Trump for president, is no longer in charge of the Department of Justice.

Sessions submitted his resignation in a letter to White House Chief of Staff John Kelly on Wednesday afternoon.

Sessions' resignation letter was delivered by hand to the White House after it was requested by President Trump earlier Wednesday.

MODERATORS: WRONG FORUM. PLEASE MOVE TO 2A/POLITICS
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Shocking.

Midterms opened the door?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,635 Senior Member
    The Senate can approve Pres. Trumps request for a replacement, post mid-term elections.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,926 Senior Member
    About time...creepy little dude that has watched "Reefer Madness" far too many times...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker said:
    About time...creepy little dude that has watched "Reefer Madness" far too many times...
    That's first really funny thing Ive seen in the 2A boards in awhile! Discription is spot on!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Is it just me, or does Jeff Sessions and Granny (Irene Ryan of Beverly Hillbillies) look a whole lot alike. Kind of a poor comparison, as Granny seems to be smarter than Sessions.

Anyway, the new AG that will be picked should be someone that can get the job done. Mule Ear's two year 'investigation' has yielded nothing because there was nothing there. He has studiously avoided the Hillary Klingon bought and paid for dossier of lies and unproveable horse apples. Old Inspector Clouseau is a better investigator than Mule Ear and his team of brain dead half wit lawyers and investigators. They couldn't find a manure lagoon if they were standing eyeball deep in it.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,153 Senior Member

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,926 Senior Member
    That's some really funny stuff  right there....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Good one, Bullsi1911! :smiley:
    As an aside, if all y'all haven't seen the movie 'Reefer Madness' I highly recommend that you do. It's freakin' hilarious, and is what Sessions obviously bases his stance on marijuana. Watch it; y'all need a laugh! :smiley:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    I had high hopes for him when he was first appointed for the job, based on my satisfaction with him as a senator. Unfortunately, those hopes were dashed rapidly
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    I had high hopes for him when he was first appointed for the job, based on my satisfaction with him as a senator. Unfortunately, those hopes were dashed rapidly
    Oddly, most Democrats I've seen feel the opposite on both counts. 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    xxx

knitepoet said:
    Oddly, most Democrats I've seen feel the opposite on both counts. 
    Naturally, the Democrats don't want to see him go, after successfully bullying him into completely neutralizing his position on everything of any consequence to them. Now, they have to start a fresh campaign to destroy the credibility of the next person in line. They need those resources in other places. They have switched their position 180 degrees, just as they did with Comey, and every other Republican that they have successfully intimidated. Once they have someone 'tamed,' they don't want anyone messing with them.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,671 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    xxx
    ...........Once they have someone 'tamed,' they don't want anyone messing with them.
    Yeah, that's about it. One thing ya' gotta respect about the democruds, they are pretty predictable, because they repeat the same strategies consistently.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!