Home Main Category Clubhouse

STUPIDEST TV SHOW

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,977 Senior Member
I ever watched, "Shelby The Swamp Man" its so stupid its not even funny.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• joeg52joeg52 Member Posts: 102 Member
    I can't even stand the commercials for it.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I caught a glimpse of the ad for it...............naw I reckon I won't be watching it either.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    Mrs. Cgg likes "90 day fiance". 🙄

That show has to at least make the list.  

"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    It can't be worse than those Hillbillies running around looking for mountain monsters and Bigfoot. Its almost not worth owning a TV these days
    I can tolerate most episodes of Life Below Zero.......... Sue is one tough gal.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    edited November 2018 #7
    Once she was attacked by a bear doing a nature call after that she said she would never be caught  with her panties down again without a at least a .44 strapped on her hip.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,521 Senior Member
    Most reality TV is pretty bad.  As in not worth watching, in my opinion.  
    Overkill is underrated.
    Mountain Men is OK for some episodes..........I like Tim (?) who does a lot of trapping and preparing pelts ready for sale.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,977 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Mountain Men is OK for some episodes..........I like Tom who does a lot of trapping and preparing pelts ready for sale.

FIFY

I do watch and like Mt.Men, Deadlist Catch, and Gold Rush.

JAY

THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    Survivor was good fer a few seasons................then I lost interest.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,392 Senior Member
    "Real Housewives of _______"
    "Keeping up with the Kardashians"

They HAVE to be in the running somewhere. If you see one of those showing on one of my TVs, you can rest assured someone besides my wife or I had the remote last.

There are MANY more shows I refuse to watch, than there are shows I like.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    I stopped watching TV 20 years ago.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,225 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    I can tolerate most episodes of Life Below Zero.......... Sue is one tough gal.
    Watching that on Netflix again. I like the 'The Last Alaskans'' better. Kid on there is 19-20, just finished his own cabin, has his own plane to run trap lines.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,863 Senior Member
    Oak Island.  The legend of the Superstitions.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,067 Senior Member
    104RFAST said:
    It can't be worse than those Hillbillies running around looking for mountain monsters and Bigfoot. Its almost not worth owning a TV these days
    Oh C'mon, Those guys were fun to watch. The stupid level was off the charts! :D

Trivia

This show has never produced any physical evidence that's verifiable by any known scientific methods available today even though "they've had" so many "close calls" and are "attacked" in most episodes. -- IMDB
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3019170/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt
    :D

Most reality TV is pretty bad.  As in not worth watching, in my opinion.  
    It's Reality TV -- Not Reality! :tired_face:

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

If we're going to talk about the stupidest TV show...
    Back in the day, when I still actually watched TV, my wife and I watched "That 70s Show". That was an hour or 30 minutes or whatever it was of our lives that we'll never get back.
    When it was announced that Seinfeld was going off the air, we figured we probably should at least watch an episode to see what it was all about. That was another hour of our lives wasted - in fact, that was probably what got me to swear off TV for good!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Seinfield was great.  You had to watch it more than once, though.
    That's OK, I saw enough.

edited November 2018 #20
    Life Styles of the Rich and Pampered.

Did anyone beside other rich people really care?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    Sons of Guns🤣
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    cpj said:
    What appeared to happen on TV and what actually happened were two entirely different things.
    Then that was reality - after all, that's what happens with the evening news every day!

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,090 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #23
    Thing I hate about all those Life Below Zero type shows is that EVERYTHING they do has got to be done in the next few minutes or the world will end...Manufactured drama is the lowest form of drama and since we, as a family, no longer participate in drama of any sort...we just don't watch those shows anymore..

And what is that show with that bunch of inbred xxtards pretending to live on the edge in Alaska? People actually think that crap is real?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,891 Senior Member
    Real life, no matter how extreme the circumstance is mostly mundane. The distant threat of potential danger doesn't satisfy the short attention span of the average viewer. Producers without a clue as to what real life actually is, direct the shows subject characters to manufacture drama for the show. Drama that ironically turns out to be very unrealistic.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,816 Senior Member
    I haven't had cable TV in several years, and don't miss it. I did finally pony up for Hulu Plus, solely to keep up with South Park and Family Guy (my two vices TV wise). Anything else, I can find on Netflix.

I will, however, probably spring for HBO Go when Game of Thrones comes back.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,270 Senior Member
    Lots of manufactured drama in reality shows - especially the garbage Alaska shows that people bite on. Most of those shows are shot within 20 miles of a Walmart. Total fraud with producers shopping shows to the best fakers around. 
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,394 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #27
    HBO is worthless.  We got it several months ago and I have been very disappointed. 
    We need a TV show to talk about Stupid TV shows.

I think it was Mountain Men where there was a 'Deadline' to pay the property taxes by COB that day before the court house closed or he would lose his land..........so what does our hero do..........rides his horse into town to pay them..............under intense pressure as he galloped toward town...................
    Bear Grylls used to do stupid things and act like there wasn't a film crew with him.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,090 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Bear Grylls used to do stupid things and act like there wasn't a film crew with him.
    Yeah...the last time I watched that show he rappelled down a cliff on parachute cord....clearly without a grasp of the dynamics of a rope under a load...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Big Chief said:
    We need a TV show to talk about Stupid TV shows.

I think it was Mountain Men where there was a 'Deadline' to pay the property taxes by COB that day before the court house closed or he would lose his land..........so what does our hero do..........rides his horse into town to pay them..............under intense pressure as he galloped toward town...................
    What a rip off! That was an episode of the Duke of Hazzard in season 3. Except they used the General Lee :D