Home Main Category Clubhouse

Deer hunting. well sort of

KMT2KMT2 MemberPosts: 362 Member
Well today I spent the day , driving to camp, and then 3 horsa setting up the area I will be staying at next weekend. The area is at Jerm's property. Thank you again Jerminator for letting me accompany you and the family. The Tent is borrowed and an big 10 by 12 outfitters tent. Its like a little house for one person. But it will be interesting. Due to the weather may be variable in temperature and snow conditions. Oh and when I arrived  there was like 3 inches of snow down. So yeah it will be an interesting time.,
 The last time I slept in a tent was deer season near 6 years ago, and well that was an interesting thing. Don't let Jerm tell ya he does not snore, he can be an alternate on the USA snoring team. 
Per usual there will be good food, a bit of adult bev's fro after the sun goes down and plenty of campfires. There will be picture to follow. 
If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.

Replies

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,496 Senior Member
    Good luck.  Private property has to be a lot better than public.  I will be in the Lapeer state game area with my dad this year.  I have no grand vision of seeing anything brown that isnt just a furry rat with a bushy tail.
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 362 Member
    Oh , did I forget to say we are next to state, and have M55 to the south and M37 to the east. I dont think many will be up the first two days but after well, all bets off. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,873 Senior Member
    Don't forget the pasty pies!

I hope you guys have to cut a bigger buck pole👍👀
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,503 Senior Member
    Sounds like a good time!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Might have to get two fro Jerm and I
    Well Zee if ya can break loose from work you are more then welcome to come. 
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,503 Senior Member
    Other side of the US, unfortunately. 

I’ll be off Thanksgiving week and doing some hunting of my own. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,133 Senior Member
    Hope you fill the freezer
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,591 Senior Member
    Deer or not, time spent with Jermanator is time well spent.   Hope you guys have a great week.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,131 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:
    Good luck.  Private property has to be a lot better than public.  I will be in the Lapeer state game area with my dad this year.  I have no grand vision of seeing anything brown that isnt just a furry rat with a bushy tail.
    I only have 5 acres, but it butts up to thousands of acres of Manistee National Forest, so we are essentially on public land. There hasn't been much hunting pressure up there in the years we have been up, but i picked up the property right after some sort of disease came through and wiped out a lot of the oaks. Just this year is the first time I have seen them put out acorns. There are deer up there, but are still kind of scarce. With any luck, they will start coming back around now that there is more food for them.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,496 Senior Member
    Hopefully you have decent luck up there this year.  I know that deer can be a bit finicky about where they go sometimes.  Hopefully things have turned up there.
    it was a fun weekend, saw deer but no shots. either it was too early or I spooked them going to a blinds spot. so It was not a waste of time just learning the area is a bear.

This is what i stayed in this year for deer season. It was comfy and the good thing is I did not keep Jeremy, Jerminator, up from any potential of snoring
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,085 Senior Member
    Jerm has a nice place up there...I was going to suggest that a feeder might increase deer traffic but since feeding and baiting is now illegal statewide in MI, gonna have to go with Plan B...doing some creative planting might do the job...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Yeah Im thinking that too. Some creative planting of food stock , its just we don't want to bring in the crazy locals to close. I had a few purposely  walk near me and across my hunting area to fully disturb the critters. I just don't want to get into a shooting match out there. I know my shoulder fire artillery  will more than scare and push people away, I just don't need the headaches.
    I'm thinking Ill bring the tent up next year to. It was not that bad. But I do have to make a few adjustments. 

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #18
    KMT2 said:
    Well today I spent the day , driving to camp, and then 3 horsa setting up the area I will be staying at next weekend. The area is at Jerm's property. Thank you again Jerminator for letting me accompany you and the family. The Tent is borrowed and an big 10 by 12 outfitters tent. Its like a little house for one person. But it will be interesting. Due to the weather may be variable in temperature and snow conditions. Oh and when I arrived  there was like 3 inches of snow down. So yeah it will be an interesting time.,
     The last time I slept in a tent was deer season near 6 years ago, and well that was an interesting thing. Don't let Jerm tell ya he does not snore, he can be an alternate on the USA snoring team. 
    Per usual there will be good food, a bit of adult bev's fro after the sun goes down and plenty of campfires. There will be picture to follow. 
    Did you say Jerm sounded like a saw mill? LOL!!!

Hey Good on both of you. Sounds like a great time. Better luck next year with the deer. But being with Jerm and family has to be a great experience without killing anything. I really enjoy him and his kids at the SE shoot. Great people.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,131 Senior Member
    In addition, Butt Jerm talks in his sleep.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    snake284 said:
    KMT2 said:
    Did you say Jerm sounded like a saw mill? LOL!!!

Hey Good on both of you. Sounds like a great time. Better luck next year with the deer. But being with Jerm and family has to be a great experience without killing anything. I really enjoy him and his kids at the SE shoot. Great people.
    Yeah they are a hoot to be with. 
    In addition, Butt Jerm talks in his sleep.
    And argues with the other end of Jerm!