Home Main Category Personal Defense

Dad eating with kids at McDonald’s fatally shoots gunman inside Alabama McDonald’s

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Not a lot of info on this......maybe you Bama members can tell us more.

A bit was just on Fox News about it.

Good on Dad, I hope he makes a full recovery.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,032 Senior Member
    *Tunes in MSM...*
    *Crickets*
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Actually it must have been late and an employee was letting the dad and his kids out of the locked door. They must go to a Drive-thru only at a certain hour or have been closing.

One article quoted a cop as saying it was "Unfortunate" the man was killed. Well......I think it was fortunate for all the rest who survived. Bet he was surprised someone fired back............he lost the gunfight and his life.
  • Ken_S_LaTransKen_S_LaTrans Posts: 108 Member

ONLY THE INFERIOR CRY FOR EQUALITY
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    The father found himself within an enclosed space with a man who was firing a gun. He had to assume that it was a bad guy who intended harm to somebody, or everybody. He protected himself and his children from that threat. Whatever the intent of the shooter was, he was wrong, unless it could be shown that he was firing in self-defense, which seems not to be the case.

I don't see how anyone could say that the father should have waited to see what his intentions were. He apparently took advantage of an opportunity to stop the shooter, before he killed someone, which might make him a hero, but at least made him...not wrong.
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 664 Senior Member
    . "Whatever the intent of the shooter was, he was wrong, unless it could be shown that he was firing in self-defense, which seems not to be the case. "

Pretty hard to claim you are the good guy, firing in self defense, if you are wearing a mask...

...unless you are firing Silver bullets, and have an indian sidekick