Home Main Category Clubhouse

I was weighed and measured....

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,534 Senior Member
So, got back a couple of hours ago. For the past four days I was displaced so far out of my comfort zone, I couldn't even see my comfort zone boundaries. I felt so far in over my my head I couldn't even see the top of the water. It was truly very humbling. However, they saw something in me they liked and I report to Asymmetric Warfare Group after graduation for their OTC, and subsequent assignment. 

I can't tell you guys the feeling I have. Going into the last day, I was for sure that I did not make the cut. And, when I say humbling...I mean it. Given the people I was assessed by, for them to say I could be a part of their team...Just blows my mind. 

Just wanted to share.
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,301 Senior Member
    Congrats brother.

Can't say as I'm surprised you made it. And that's just from reading your insightful posts here, and the time we spent chatting the one day I had the pleasure to hang out with you in Tn
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,131 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #3
    Congratulations! That is awesome, but you deserve it.

You probably want something to celebrate. I didn't forget you. (Actually, I forgot you)

Anyway, Bum 2018 ships in about a month and I will make sure you have an extra special package. I got the address you gave me, but if it changes, please let me know.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,444 Senior Member
    Congratulations on the placement! They saw in you something they liked and wanted in the position you'll fill. Do yourself proud, and learn and grow along the way!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,852 Senior Member
    We *NEVER* feel "ready", regardless of what the "for what" may be. Congratulations!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,074 Senior Member
    Congratulations.  Don't sell yourself short, assignments like that are earned, not given to PX Soldiers.  Well Done!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,684 Senior Member
    Congratulations, no doubt that you deserve it!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,838 Senior Member
    Can't say I am surprised, I am glad you are, hope it is what you expected.  
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Congrats. Looks like an exciting and challenging assignment. I know you will do well.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,742 Senior Member
    Congratulations!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,852 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #11
    Just checked out their website and all I can say is DAMN!!!  Very proud of you!!!
    That video is quite impressive.
    Centermass: Operational or Advisory? I'm guessing the former...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,006 Senior Member
    Congrats on making it. I know you'll do well.

Just be careful what you post online from know on,...  just sayin' B)

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,825 Senior Member
    Way to go, SGM.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,196 Senior Member
    So, got back a couple of hours ago. For the past four days I was displaced so far out of my comfort zone, I couldn't even see my comfort zone boundaries. I felt so far in over my my head I couldn't even see the top of the water. It was truly very humbling. However, they saw something in me they liked and I report to Asymmetric Warfare Group after graduation for their OTC, and subsequent assignment. 

I can't tell you guys the feeling I have. Going into the last day, I was for sure that I did not make the cut. And, when I say humbling...I mean it. Given the people I was assessed by, for them to say I could be a part of their team...Just blows my mind. 

Just wanted to share.
    OTC? 
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    Thanks Fellas. It was tough. 

OTC is Operator Training Course.

Zorba, its actually both. A fair chunk of the advising happens in theater. And, we have to meet the threat and counter the threat before we can advise on it. 
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,780 Senior Member
    I never had a doubt --------------------- OOORAW
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,780 Senior Member
    would have wanted you for my SGTMAJ!
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,817 Senior Member
    I hope it's everything you hoped for.
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 407 Member
    Diver43 said:
    Congratulations.  Don't sell yourself short, assignments like that are earned, not given to PX Soldiers.  Well Done!
    Earned is correct. Congratulations!
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.