Home Main Category Clubhouse

Rest in peace Stan Lee

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,278 Senior Member
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    He will be greatly missed. They should still place him in every Marvel movie. A true icon.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,020 Senior Member
    Holy crap! I figured Stan was gonna live forever...Rest in Peace and thank you for the years and talent
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Rest in Peace.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,020 Senior Member
    Stan was also a U.S. Army veteran....Thank you for your service...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
     :'( 
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    RIP Stan  o:)
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,065 Senior Member
    Thank You for your Service and many years of entertainment.  RIP
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,796 Senior Member
    He brought my son a great deal of entertainment that we've shared together. RIP.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    I loved his show about real folks with superhuman capabilities. He will definitely be missed. Prayers for those that outlived him.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,828 Senior Member
    It is pretty cool for him to live long enough to see his characters he created up on the big screen as he envisioned they would be in a live action film.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    RIP

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,444 Senior Member
    He was a talented man. The huge number of characters he created have mostly made it to the big screen and entertained us all in the comics and the movies. RIP Stan.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,994 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    It is pretty cool for him to live long enough to see his characters he created up on the big screen as he envisioned they would be in a live action film.
    He's with his wife of 69 years now. Rest in Peace Stan Lee. Heaven smiles on your universe.
    CaliFFL said:
    RIP

o:):'(o:)

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,769 Senior Member
    o:)
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,739 Senior Member
    I have always been a fan of the Marvel comic characters. The movies made them so much more interesting. RIP Stan Lee.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,739 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    I have always been a fan of the Marvel comic characters. The movies made them so much more interesting. RIP Stan Lee.
    I’ve never ( and never will) read a comic book. Always thought the super hero movies were pretty much for dorks. 
    Ahem.  Im a dork then. The kids were watching  them, and got me hooked. I LOVE Marvel stuff. 
    I only read the comic books when I was a kid. Not anymore, but the comic characters that went on the screen I really enjoyed.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,190 Senior Member
    Our Jr High library had comics and magazines. We had one period a day in the library. That is the only reason I read them. 

The Hulk is such a great character. I don't know how they made all of the stand-a-lone Hulk movies suck...... he's finally good in the Avengers movies. Although he's still under powered compared to the comic version....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,335 Senior Member
    I do hope he requested to be buried in an acid-free, mylar bag. . .

Thanks Stan. . .we'll miss ya.  :'(
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    cpj said:
    I’ve never ( and never will) read a comic book. Always thought the super hero movies were pretty much for dorks. 
    Ahem.  Im a dork then. The kids were watching  them, and got me hooked. I LOVE Marvel stuff. 
    I have have been reading Deadpool for many years, I have them bagged and boarded after I read them, it is freaking hilarious, and violent, and snarky, kind of like you. It is a bit spendy, the problem is you have a couple of other Deadpool titles running at the same time and some one offs, Night of the Living Deadpool was pretty good, you have to buy them all for complete continuity, but it is not totally necessary, now I know what to get you for Christmas.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    cpj said:
    Again....I don’t read for entertainment. 
    Fine, don't read, there are some very nice pictures of gals in form fitting uniforms, with some approriate comments of course.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Rest well, Stan.  Thank you for your service. 
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,190 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    cpj said:
    Fine, don't read, there are some very nice pictures of gals in form fitting uniforms, with some approriate comments of course.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    cpj said:

Pretty much, what's your point :smiley: