Home Main Category General Firearms

Diving into AR builds finally

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,805 Senior Member
edited November 2018 in General Firearms #1
Midway has 300 BO barrels on clearance,  I've had brass and dies for a while.  

So, ordered another side charge upper from the link on my previous post. Ive been sitting on 2 PSA lowers for over a year now,  maybe 2. 

Ive also been sitting on a 22 Nosler barrel and ammo for a long time.  I used my birthday discount at midway for a few things,  some of which were a box of 100 Nosler brass that was already in sale,  and RCBS AR small base dies.

So in the next week or so i'll have
PSA lower x2
BCA side charge upper x2
AR Stoner  bbl x2 (18" 22N 16" 300)
Dies and brass for both. 

Now I just need to accumulate part kits, grips, and handguards!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    Oh, and if anyone can suggest some 308 bullets,  I'm all ears. Right now I'm looking to just have ammo to shoot. I'll look into hunting bullets next year once I know my hunting plans. 

Ive already got some 75gr AMAX for the 22. 
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,636 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #3
    Happy belated birthday hey, with the AR builds you can sit at the cool kids table for lunch now :)

I am going to order a .300 BO pistol kit today since the MN legislature swung back to the left, for the kids , of course o:)

I am looking at an 8.5" barrel with a 1-8" twist, you think I should go with a longer barrel?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I have no clue. I've honestly never read a thing about AR pistols, minus a few threads here. But,  probably was a good call buying now vs later! I slightly regret not stocking up on mags 3 years ago when I still could,  but had no AR or desire to have one.  Now i'll have 2 lol plus Steve's but he had plenty for his
    Ok, but, Mags are pretty inexpensive now, Palmetto is practically throwing 10 Magpuls in when you buy something else.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Can't buy anything over 15rds here
    I forgot, thus Magpuls relocation.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    MHS, you have IM. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Wait, you can't have any magazines over 15 rounds or just can't any new ones after a certain date?
    Cannot sell or transfer a magazine 16+ rounds in the state. However there still sold in stores....as kits. They didn't ban "kits". So you buy a mag, they remove the floor plate and spring,  bag em separate,  different transactions.  Its silly.  Posession of a magazine produced after July 1 2013 is also illegal.  Funny though,  no date stamps or serial numbers..... the libtards really didn't think it through.  The only people who've been charged,  were cited for other crimes and the charges were tacked on.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    FWIW I suggest sticking to 110 gr .308 bullets in your .300 BO because you will be just above the acceptable bullet performance / velocity threshold with the small powder capacity, around 2300 FPS.  
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester: