Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Where da Po-Po

104RFAST104RFAST Senior MemberPosts: 1,281 Senior Member

Replies

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #2

Democrats showing support for the Second Amendment and Open Carry?

That's a plus, right?

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I heard on the news that some Armed Black Panthers in GA were showing their support for Stacey Abrams.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #4
    Interesting.  Source of the picture?
    Fox,Brightbart, Daily Caller, Newsmax. No CNN, No MSNBC. The picture speaks for Itself.
    If they were wearing MAGA hats SWAT teams from 5 counties would have responded  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/11/04/armed-black-panthers-lobby-for-democrat-gubernatorial-candidate-stacey-abrams/
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If that had been a white militia group SWAT teams and helicopters would have been on the scene.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Irony...she was on CNN two nights ago yapping about banning AR-15's and other evil black rifles. I guess these dudes think they'll be grandfathered in. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/11/04/stacey-abrams-stance-on-guns-georgia-sotu-vpx.cnn

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    The guy in the middle wore the wrong pants. Otherwise they would have looked very stylish.👍
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    He must be a pledge & didn't get his costume yet .
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,671 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #9
    Interesting.  Source of the picture?
    I've seen the same group marching around in videos on FB. Apparently, the Panthers don't actually believe that the new commie governor will take away THEIR assault weapons.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    The guy in the middle wore the wrong pants. Otherwise they would have looked very stylish.👍

Old Ron said:
    He must be a pledge & didn't get his costume yet .
    He got 'drafted' coming out of the Dollar Store. They made him an offer he couldn't refuse! :smile:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    So there are some black guys open carrying, practicing safe firearms handling (no fingers on triggers) supporting their particular political agenda....we've seen plenty of white conservative folks doing the same.... what's the issue? Why should the "PoPo"be involved in any way whatsoever? Or does the 2A not apply?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    But, but... it's the Black Panther Party!
    Overkill is underrated.
    cpj said:

They look just as douchey as white guys wrapped in US or Rebel flags who are carrying rifles on the street. 
    I concur...
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,659 Senior Member
    Looks like they are posing for a picture, as long as they are not threatening anyone all is good. What I like is they are stumping for an anti AR-15  politician.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #15
    I think they look stupid... but then, I think anybody "open carrying" an AR that isn't an on-duty cop, or in a active military role looks stupid.

Not a fan of civilian open carry. even of pistols, and might do it once or twice a year, usually either while working on greenfields, or hunting, and need to stop to get something and don't feel like taking a holster off
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    Irony...she was on CNN two nights ago yapping about banning AR-15's and other evil black rifles. I guess these dudes think they'll be grandfathered in. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/11/04/stacey-abrams-stance-on-guns-georgia-sotu-vpx.cnn

I don’t see one AR in that pic. There is a pump shotgun, an AK, and what looks like CETME/ HK style rifle

snd to rely to CPJ, I think several people pointed out that the cops do get called when it’s the right side MAGA open carry douchebags, but nothing when it’s the left side open carry douchebags. 

However, it does not make national news when it’s the right side douchebags
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

I don’t see one AR in that pic. There is a pump shotgun, an AK, and what looks like CETME/ HK style rifle

snd to rely to CPJ, I think several people pointed out that the cops do get called when it’s the right side MAGA open carry douchebags, but nothing when it’s the left side open carry douchebags. 

The HK style rifle appears to have one of the M-203 style 37mm flare launchers that I saw advertised years ago.  
    I don't question the right of anyone to open carry, but with these Panther characters it seems more like an intimidation thing, kind of like when they were walking around a polling place with clubs and bats in Philadelphia in 2008.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    I don't question the right of anyone to open carry, but with these Panther characters it seems more like an intimidation thing, kind of like when they were walking around a polling place with clubs and bats in Philadelphia in 2008.
    Which was clearly an illegal act and the USAG "chose" not to prosecute...
    Of course, Holder would never have allowed that.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    The guy second from the right is not holding a weapon, although one may be slung on his right shoulder. His clothes are spotless, pressed, and his shoes are shined. 

The man they hijacked coming out from the store looks pleasantly amused, not intimidated at all.

Suspiciously, the campaign signs appear to be an after thought as if the photographer came upon these fellows and handed them those signs for a photo op.

The guy on the left looks ready for a bicycling race.

Also suspiciously, there's no other pedestrians near by.

Point being, the internet is a place of convoluted content where Rod Serling would be quite comfortable.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    From what I've seen from the last two years, any Conservative group that gets a permit to hold a march or a gathering desperately needs armed to the teeth members there because ANTIFA and Left groups will show up, without a permit, to counter protest, and start fights with unarmed and vulnerable people (read old folks and women).

The guys in the photo open carrying rifles don't bother me. If it's legal, then they can do it all they want. That ANTIFA and Left wing group things starting crap doesn't happen where I live, and never will any time in the near future. No media coverage in this small slice of East TN!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #23
    cpj said:
    Funny, it seems that when people exercising their rights don’t fit the mold of what some people think they should, it’s all the sudden bad. 

If and and when they do something OTHER than looking like a bunch of idiots like the white folks have done before them, wake me up.
    What is the proper terminology for Hispanic and Asian?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:

Yeah, I did mention "other evil black rifles." 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Nothing to see.  At least, nothing I care about. Whatever the color, whatever the reason... folks who aren't otherwise breaking a law shouldn't be hassled by Johnny law just for being in possession of a firearm.  What you're seeing here is EXACTLY what you should be seeing. 

Nothing.  

The fact that this is even noteworthy gives me gastric distress on a fairly regular basis. 

Do they look like feminine hygiene products?  Pretty much, except for the (I'm guessing) newcomer to the group, who looks pretty much like anyone you'd see coming out of a dollar store.  The guy with the flare launcher under his barrel is particularly douchy, as he's OBVIOUSLY trying to look intimidating... but there's no law against being an ass.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin