Home Main Category General Firearms

The 10-22 faux Thompson kit arrived

2»

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    There plans for that STEN?
    Probably only
    in his head. And trust me, you don’t want in there. 
    It can’t be that bad. Just don’t wander around unattended... or at all. Matter of fact don’t even LOOK around. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    There plans for that STEN?
    Funny you should ask that. :D Yes, there is ONE set of dimensioned drawings for all the parts in my possession, each sheet in plastic laminate, with my name at the bottom of each sheet. Got bored and got out my Dewatt(receiver chopped in three pieces with a gas axe) Sten kit and did a LOT of measuring and figuring, and put it down on paper at the drafting board. Pretty simple, actually, start with a thicker wall receiver tube so the original bolt WILL NOT FIT THE RECEIVER, and then draw in the bits to fit the AR 15 fire control group in a new trigger guard assembly. Pretty simple, actually. I can even use the original bolt after turning it down and modifying it for a floating firing pin. Also did some modifications so as to not have a welded barrel block at front of receiver. It also has a 16" heavy barrel to make Uncle Sugar happy and not have to fill out any paperwork.

The plans are stashed in my folder of firearms drawings that need to get built sometime.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Probably only
    in his head. And trust me, you don’t want in there. 
    No, Chris, I put this one on paper. It's getting built sometime between now and the next Shoot.
    It can’t be that bad. Just don’t wander around unattended... or at all. Matter of fact don’t even LOOK around. 
    Keep hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times. NO leaving the vehicle and wandering around. DO NOT talk to the voices. A couple of Valium or other such drug is highly recommended to prevent panic attacks!

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,500 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    THAT Tommy gun is not in WWII normal configuration. That would be right at home at the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, though! Green Mountain makes the finned barrel you're looking for, too, but they're out of stock right now.

I can turn out a Cutts Compensator on the lathe and mill in an afternoon when it gets a bit cooler, though.
    Submitted for your approval:

1928 Navy model - you get your Cutts; you get your fins; you get your drums, you get your QD stock; you get your elaborate sights; AND you get your Sgt. Rock look on the handguard.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    That's a pretty impressive kit.  Definitely looks the part.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • ltcnavltcnav New Member Posts: 12 New Member
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,438 Senior Member
    I like the M1 carbine-look 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,093 Senior Member
    ltcnav said:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/FdsWDuk.jpg[/img]
    These are my 10/22 Kit guns.
    Those came out nice, did you stain and finish the stocks?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ltcnavltcnav New Member Posts: 12 New Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    ltcnav said:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/FdsWDuk.jpg[/img]
    These are my 10/22 Kit guns.
    Those came out nice, did you stain and finish the stocks?
    Nope, just as they came.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Put it together this morning. Spent the last few days putting an oil finish on the dry unfinished furniture. Also did some secret squirrel lathe and milling machine work  between coats of finish. You no get pictures of secret squirrel project! Looks good with the 50 round drum. Still can't load pictures worth a damn, though. All the snoflakes and y'all suburbanites are burning up all the bandwidth! :D

Looks good. You can have the peace and tranquillity of country life with all it's perks or you can have the perks of modern civilized city life but you can't have both. There's days when I prefer what you have and there's days I prefer living the domesticated existence. But unless you have lots of money it's hard to have them both.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.