Home Main Category Clubhouse

I thought y'all said it was only southerners....

13»

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    If SOMEBODY would come up with some updated tire chains that didn't make the car/truck ride like it was self destructing, then that would be good.
    The cable ones are better than the old chains........ still can't go over 20mph.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,026 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    I'd rather drive on rough rutted ice than snowplowed smooth ice. At least you have a bit of traction. Leave the plows in the barn until it hits 8". I don't care how long it takes to melt. Mike
    That would work if every car had the same width. You may be fine in a truck, but try it in a Chevy Spark.

I had a Cruze and it would bounce from one rut to the other like it had a mind of its own.....
    But, it stayed on the road...right?
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    jbp-ohio said:
    I'd rather drive on rough rutted ice than snowplowed smooth ice. At least you have a bit of traction. Leave the plows in the barn until it hits 8". I don't care how long it takes to melt. Mike
    That would work if every car had the same width. You may be fine in a truck, but try it in a Chevy Spark.

I had a Cruze and it would bounce from one rut to the other like it had a mind of its own.....
    But, it stayed on the road...right?
    Well...... I can drive in the snow.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    The county plows up here have a bed full of sand (not salt). They plow down to the ice and throw sand on top of the ice. The sand builds up throughout the winter and makes for a decent driving surface. When the ice finally melts, the roads are covered with sand. Makes the first motorcycle ride a bit interesting. They eventually sweep the sand away. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,026 Senior Member
    So can I.....sometimes. Lol.
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    What really strains and causes severe fatigue quickly is driving through heavy snow at night. Stiff neck, headache, exhaustion etc..
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Is this the stuff you all are talking about?

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    Don't think I would lay down in that stuff and make a snow angel. :#
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The solution to driving in snow was invented during WWII. It's the American M3 half track. Mileage sucks, but it can handle snow and icy roads just fine.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,070 Senior Member
    edited November 2018 #72
    jbp-ohio said:

Yes, please.
    I bet that does well in mud too
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    I just posted an itinerary for everyone in the Meme thread...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:

That would work, but the M3 is heavy enough that anything hitting it wouldn't be a concern short of a dump truck, and ugly enough that a few dents wouldn't make you cry.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams