Home Main Category Clubhouse

The difference between dogs and cats

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,227 Senior Member

A dog watches you feed it, water it, and take care of it's every need.  It thinks "You must be God."

A cat watches you feed it, water it, and tack care of it's every need.  It thinks "I must be God."

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Another difference.....cats taste better.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,621 Senior Member
    Dogs have owners, cats have staff!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,509 Senior Member
    Dogs know their place in the heirarchy. Cats think they run the show.

Dogs show appreciation, cats couldn't give a ****.

We have a communal cat that comes by from time to time. It's kind of a neighborhood watch cat so I tolerate it.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    On the ranch, dogs die of old age, cats do not.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Cats are assholes. No punchline...
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,501 Senior Member
    Sophie, queen of all she surveys, wouldn't disagree with a single above post. It's not that she doesn't have opinions. She just doesn't really care. Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Cats do not care for the opinions of lesser beings. They were once worshiped as gods in Egypt, and have not forgotten that. You are there to serve their needs. Bow to your god, you slaves! :D

I've been owned by a few cats. They are pretty low maintenance compared to a dog. Cats have no loyalty to humans; humans are tolerated as they provide food, and scoop out the litter box. Dogs are loyal companions and are a little more high maintenance. They do provide more quality time than a cat, sometimes too much. They both have positives and negatives.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,830 Senior Member
    Interesting that this has come up.  I've been thinking about getting a couple of cats just to help deal with the mouse and pack rats around my place.  The thing is, they would have to spend nights outside to do the job,  and I don't really want to feed the coyotes and bobcats around here.  My six foot wrought iron fence might stop the coyotes, but not the bobcats.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Cats do not care for the opinions of lesser beings. They were once worshiped as gods in Egypt, and have not forgotten that. You are there to serve their needs. Bow to your god, you slaves! :D

Cats & Dogs

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

104RFAST said:

Absolutely!

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,877 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #13
    Maybe I am just a cat whisperer, but all cats I have, and have had, have been really affectionate and appreciative. Some towards my wife and some towards me and some both. Maybe it's because they are always strays? I love their independent attitude and hunting prowess. We have no bugs or rodents in our house. I love dogs too though, as well as most animals. Trying to convince the wife to let me get a baby orphaned squirrel... :*  

Not a tree hugger by the way. I can kill them when they need killing.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,257 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Zorba beat me to it
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,257 Senior Member
    If a cat decides you are his/her "human", they can be quite affectionate. If you're not, they really couldn't care less if you live or die
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,582 Senior Member
    The wife and I have two cats.  My cat lets the wife know where she stands in the house.  Her cat comes running when I come in the door, but doenst really care when the wife comes home.  Both cats are female.  My cat has made it clear to the wife that she is at best #2 female in the house.  It is rather amusing to watch.  The wife even jokes about it.

My parents had a cat for 17 years (he was 3 when they got him) that was more like a dog than a cat.  
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    zorba said:
    Zorba beat me to it

I would change staff to minions.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,777 Senior Member
    Our cat came one night at about 5 weeks old, dropped off maybe even put in the garage by someone wanting to make sure he was safe. The dog accepted him right off. When the dog sees the cat hunting he wants to get involved. Cat will catch the rodent and the dog stands there waiting for cat to drop it and then he immediately kills it. Since we got the cat the dog started hunting with the cat and he will even go out and kill mice on his own.
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Our cats are affectionate....when they decide to be in the mood for it.  And when they decide to be in the mood for it they demand attention.  Does not matter to the cat what the human is doing when the cat decides she wants attention, the human better get with the program.
  • dlddld Member Posts: 440 Member
  • dlddld Member Posts: 440 Member
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    We have one dog and eight cats that live on the ranch and the cats are actually more social than the dog. He's a 16 year old healer that seems to think that people are an annoyance and the cats actually seem to like being near people. When we walk accross the pasture, we can expect two or three cats to follow. Even our chickens like to be near people and if you sit down at the patio table you can expect to be surrounded by cats and chickens with a Rhode Island red likely jumping into your lap.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    If it rains cats and dogs, do the cats always land on their feet?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Dog.

Cat.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    Cats can make sounds like a dog. Just douse them in petrol and throw a match.......WOOF !
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    We have one indoor cat and two dogs under 25 lbs, and we used to have seven outdoor cats.  Our 30,000 sq ft lot had 7 mango trees and no rats.

The indoor cat adopted us at 6 months old and is now about 13 years old and the best cat I ever had.  I do hate that he expects me to get up and feed him every day at 6 AM, and meows around the house until I do.  

I have to to admit I am a servant of both dogs and the cat.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,767 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    It’s got to be a pretty charming cat for me to like it. Most cats are dicks. Dogs are far better. 
    I dunno. . .my cats & I have a pretty similar world view:

WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug said: 

This!!

Dogs will kiss your butt because you're the alpha. Cats only do it to get what "they" want from you.

• 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 347 Member
    Cats are vengeful.  My wife decided we needed to redo our kitchen cabinets with this paint or stain, I don't know what it was.  I just took off all of the doors, she did the hard work.  When the cabinet doors were laying on the floor drying, the cat peed on 3 or 4 of them.  No more kitty.  
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
    Yep. They'll mark whatever they want to mark and hiss at you when you chase them off. That's when their 9 lives counter starts counting down! 🕚

Now that's a dog right there. I say let the cat play in the yard. :D