Home Main Category Clubhouse

Do you like Gladiator movies?

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,143 Senior Member
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,143 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,143 Senior Member

Yep.  I want one
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Took em' long enough!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Jeep Gladiator TRUCK..........I don't think so. It's a Jeep Scrambler with 4 doors and a longer bed. It IS nice, but don't be naming/selling it for something it isn't.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    That is an already too long 4 door Wrangler with a cobbed on bed. Should have stuck to the concept design..............

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    What was old is new again:

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Yea, you're right there. I've been lusting after one of these since high school. If I had more time, more skilz, and more room, I'd think seriously about building one up.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    I actually like it.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    Now I know what I have been seeing driving around.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    tennmike said:
    Jeep Gladiator TRUCK..........I don't think so. It's a Jeep Scrambler with 4 doors and a longer bed. It IS nice, but don't be naming/selling it for something it isn't.
    It’s got a frame. And a bed. It’s a truck. Just like the Scrambler was a truck. 
    I OWNED a 1967 Jeep Gladiator truck. With a 327 c.i. 4 bbl. carb., 4 in the floor with Warne lockout hubs on the front. Don't shine me on about that....................Jeep CJ 4 door with a bed........ is anywhere near being a JEEP GLADIATOR  pickup truck! :D:D:D:D:D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member

Yep.  I want one
    Starting to resemble a HumVee
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    I love the Rubi version. How they got that tow rating is beyond me. It has the same motor the 2014 to now 4 door JKU's have. That motor is not that strong. Can't even see it with 5.38 gears. Should have came with a Hemi.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    I don't like having 4 doors, period; not on a truck, not on a jeep, not on a car...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,851 Senior Member
    "Johnny, do you like movies about Gladiators?"
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    bellcat said:
      My take is; only if they're in color, have a cast of thousands and are over 50 years old...
    Gila said:
    I don't like having 4 doors, period; not on a truck, not on a jeep, not on a car...
    I'll go with 2/3rds of this - trucks are supposed to have "single" cabs with 8 or even 9 foot beds. Proper Jeeps are two seaters so only need 2 doors (if any), but I want four doors on a car (unless its a two seater). Two doors on a car with a back seat is just dumb.

"Johnny, you ever hang around a men's locker room?"
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member

Yep.  I want one
    Does it come with a complimentary loin cloth in the glove box?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

zorba said:
    Gila said:
    I'll go with 2/3rds of this - trucks are supposed to have "single" cabs with 8 or even 9 foot beds. Proper Jeeps are two seaters so only need 2 doors (if any), but I want four doors on a car (unless its a two seater). Two doors on a car with a back seat is just dumb.
    You haven't ridden in my coupe... 
    And I won't, unless I'm in the front seat. I have a "thing" about being able to open a door and GET OUT of a vehicle when I need to.

Then you'll have to be the first to call "shotgun"...
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    bellcat said:
    Joey..............
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    I thought this was going to be about gladiator movies. I got all excited because I like them. Then to find out it is about some silly car with a truck bed...
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    I like it. A lot. Especially interested in the turbo diesel version.  446 ft lbs? Yes please! I love my 4runner but dang would this Jeep do what i need done
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I like it, if I was retired already and looking to downsize in trucks......might have to give this one a look!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    I thought this was going to be about gladiator movies. I got all excited because I like them. Then to find out it is about some silly car with a truck bed...
    You can always hijack this thread...
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    I may be in trouble when my wife sees this.  She loves pickups and loves yellow Jeeps.....at least it isn't available in yellow.......yet.
    Here is an interview and walk-around with the Gladiator's designer:

More info here:

jbp-ohio said:
    bellcat said:
    Joey..............
    Thanks JBP! Finally got a bite!

“Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?”