Home Main Category General Firearms

1911 G.I. Question

bellcatbellcat Senior MemberPosts: 1,934 Senior Member
Quick question:  Our Runnnings is selling the RIA 1911, G.I.  in 9mm for $399.00

Awesome price, but the sights won't work.   I need at least dots.  Will the Trijicon after market sights work on the basic GI model?  I know I'll have to get a gunsmith to put them in, but this would allow me to buy the pistol local.

Thanks
"Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    You can get dot sights for the 1911 pistol; they come in a lot of flavors. The front sight is staked in, and there are two different sizes of the part that is staked to the barrel, so that will have to be determined after the original sigh is removed. And if the rear sigh is in a G.I. spec dovetail then the rear sigh should fit with no problems.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,934 Senior Member
    Bought it! Had to put it on layaway as Runnings didn't have a certified employee to sell after 6:00
    pics coming soon, thanx for advice!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,092 Senior Member
    Wow, enabled in one post! 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,092 Senior Member
    Sorry, two posts.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11