Home Main Category Hunting

My wife’s friends first buck a 10 pt

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,412 Senior Member
edited December 2018 in Hunting #1
My wife had some friends come out for the weekend to hunt. Her friends husband had never taken a buck, though got his first doe here last year. He took this nice little 10pt this morning.  This particular buck was actually on our no shoot list as he’s only 3.5 year old. 

Having said that I told him if he saw a nice buck take it. He was very happy and proud and to be honest it’s a great first buck. His Browning 6.5 Creedmore did an outstanding job. Only ran 40 yards on a perfect shoulder shot!  14.5" inside spread, live weight he went 142 pounds and we did not score it.  Very nice first buck!

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    You do some fine work Jeff.
    A deer and host he will always remember.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Put on the lard and onions!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,209 Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with that deer, I am pretty sure at 3 1/2 that he has passed on some genes.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,145 Senior Member
    That is one fine deer indeed
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Good on you for letting him take that buck.  He’ll never forget it.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Looks like you're growing some nice deer.  I don't know what you're doing, but it seems to be working.  Keep up the good work.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,128 Senior Member
    You are right nice
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    My wife had some friends come out for the weekend to hunt. Her friends husband had never taken a buck, though got his first doe here last year. He took this nice little 10pt this morning.  This particular buck was actually on our no shoot list as he’s only 3.5 year old. 

Having said that I told him if he saw a nice buck take it. He was very happy and proud and to be honest it’s a great first buck. His Browning 6.5 Creedmore did an outstanding job. Only ran 40 yards on a perfect shoulder shot!  14.5" inside spread, live weight he went 142 pounds and we did not score it.  Very nice first buck!

That's a nice deer. Anything legal in Texas is a nice deer. And very generous of you to let him take it. You made that guy one happy camper.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.