Home Main Category Clubhouse

Prayer Request

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,622 Senior Member
Well, just helped load a neighbor in an ambulance, looks like her blood sugar being low was/is the culprit, heart rate and blood pressure were good, prayers for her would be appreciated.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    Athena's Blessings, and prayers out. Sounds like she's hypoglycemic.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    I hope she's back in time for evening tea.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Her kids rolled in from the hospital a few minutes ago, just a blood sugar issue, she should be fine, keep her on the list till she is home please.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Best wishes for your friend.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    Good - that's what it sounded like on the surface, but best to get it checked out.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    She was barely conscious when they left, did not look like a stroke outwardly, but she was going to go to the ER. 
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    I know what that is like, first hand.  A couple of years ago I had a low blood sugar episode while at Hollywood Studios with my family.  My vision blacked out and I very nearly passed out.  I thought I was a goner for a little while.
    Everybody was pretty calm during, I followed the cop into the house talking to him and the EMT's were there in less than 5 minutes, long five minutes for sure, I am sure it felt like a long time in a theme park.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Prayer out from the ridges. Hope she gets that under control. Don't know her situation, but there are some new blood sugar testing things out that don't require poking fingers all the time, and give instant readout. Hope she can get one of those for her use.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    The episode started just as we were getting on the  Great Movie Ride and was almost over by the time it ended.  My family didn't realize anything was wrong until we got off.  It wasn't induced by the ride, that was a slow, low impact ride.  As soon as my wife realized what was happening she rushed me over to a nearby first aid station.  According to my doctor, apparently my liver kicked in some stored sugar to bring my levels back up.  Was scary while it lasted.  Fortunately I have not had that severe an episode since.
    tennmike said:
    Prayer out from the ridges. Hope she gets that under control. Don't know her situation, but there are some new blood sugar testing things out that don't require poking fingers all the time, and give instant readout. Hope she can get one of those for her use.
    Her spouse is diabetic, he has a good handle on it, the EMT's had her dialed in pretty quick with the equipment they had, she was better on the way out of her door after they gave her a dose of gycophage, * I think*
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Prayers for your neighbor.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    o:)
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    o:)
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    Sounds like she will be home today or tomorrow once they get some lab test results, thanks folks for the prayers.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,916 Senior Member
    Have dealt with many "diabetic emergencies" over the years...probably one of he easiest conditions to correct...check the blood sugar, hit them with an amp of D50 and like magic, most times all is suddenly right with the world....often the patient would refuse transport to the hospital
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Years ago (in high school) there was a diabetic kid in my grade being hauled out on a stretcher. He was fully conscious so I asked the school nurse that happened to be standing by what the deal was. She said his blood sugar was low. Why the hell he didn’t just eat a candy bar and save his parents an expensive ambulance ride, I’ll never know. Glad to hear the neighbor is okay.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    Got here late prayers on the way.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,087 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #21
    CHIRO1989 said:
    <snip> after they gave her a dose of gycophage, * I think*
    Not familiar with gycophage. Might it have been glucagon?

I suspect it was either glucagon, or the D50W that Jayhawker mentioned earlier.

Not busting your chops, however, if there's a new med I'm not aware of, I'd love to know more about it.
    There is a medication with the brand name Glucophage (metformin) but it's used by type 2 diabetics, like myself, to treat high blood sugar

https://www.lillyglucagon.com/taking-glucagon

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    <snip> after they gave her a dose of gycophage, * I think*
    Not familiar with gycophage. Might it have been glucagon?

I suspect it was either glucagon, or the D50W that Jayhawker mentioned earlier.

Not busting your chops, however, if there's a new med I'm not aware of, I'd love to know more about it.
    There is a medication with the brand name Glucophage (metformin) but it's used by type 2 diabetics, like myself, to treat high blood sugar

https://www.lillyglucagon.com/taking-glucagon

I thought they said Glucophage, I just mis-typed what I originally posted, and you are correct, it was glucagon, I referenced it when I got to work, I knew it did not sound right. I just got home, not sure if she was discharged from the hospital today.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,087 Senior Member
    It's all good. I'm just glad she's doing better.

My curiosity, plus being a diabetic myself, I had to ask though
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

I assume they were running lab work today to evaluate for diabetes 
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 336 Member
    Glad to hear she's better.  I hate ambulance rides, expensive taxis.  I know they can be life savers but sometimes you think they work on commission.  No means no and if they take you anyway that's assault.  I've nearly gotten into fights with "good samaratins" wanting to help.  Sitting on top of someone and and trying to give them CPR dosent work!  Get off of me or I'll get you off!  If I continue to feel bad I'll come to the E.R.   
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    Best wishes for your friend Chiro, hope she gets it all back under control. Diabetes is a huge pain to contend with!
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    She is home, seems she overproduced some insulin, so no diabetes.