Home Main Category General Firearms

I got me another Leupold in the mail Today

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 22,394 Senior Member
My last purchase arrived today and I won another auction for one on Ebay also. I got another VX-3i 3.5-10X40 by USPS Priority Mail today and I won another auction on Ebay. All I bought so far have been Duplex Matt finished. The one I won today was a glossy finish. The seller will send it out Monday. Also, I finally sent the Vortex Diamondback 4-12X40 I bought a few years back that had short eye relief in for them to check out and it's on the way back and should be here Monday. I will probably put it on my new AR. It's a pretty clear scope for $200. The only problem I had with it was short eye relief. But even if they didn't resolve that problem it should be fine on the AR. I'm also going to put one of the VX-3is on my old .270 and put the VX-2 on something else. I'm scope rich right now and that's a nice problem. I will now have decent glass on all my deer rifles.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,545 Senior Member
    You are a VX-3 whore aren't you?  Never had a chance to look through one.  Based on the number you seem to be acquiring, they must be a nice scope for their price point.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,440 Senior Member
    A bonus with buying Leupold scopes - you can easily sell them on FleaBay do the great warranty.  Buyers know that Leupold will fix any problem provided that the scope is genuine. 
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #4
    Yeah Unc, and all you have to do is call Leupold C&S and tell 'em the scopes  serial number and they'll tell you if it's a good number.
    I tried to call yesterday for this scope but it was Saturday and everything Leupold is closed. I'll call em Monday.  But I'm pretty confident this one is the real deal. It has that same level of brightness and clearness the others do. A knock off isn't going to do that.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    edited December 2018 #5
    mitdr774 said:
    You are a VX-3 whore aren't you?  Never had a chance to look through one.  Based on the number you seem to be acquiring, they must be a nice scope for their price
    Yeah, mitdr774, ju st call me Rosie the Hosie!
    Take my advice and don't look through one. Stay satisfied with $200 scopes and be happy, Ignorance is Bliss!

I don't mean anything derogatory about that but a couple years back I was happy with what I had. Those VX-1s and Nikon Buckmasters worked well for me. And they still would for what I do, but once you go in that door, you can't get out. It's like you drove a Chevy or a Ford all your life and then somebody let you drive their BMW, then you were ruined when you see what you been missing. What you been missing probably doesn't help you get from point A to point B one bit better, but it's the little perks that ruin you.

My advice is if you don't see a real need, stick with the Blissful Ignorance. It's much cheaper and for what most of us do it works.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    mitdr774 said:
    You are a VX-3 whore aren't you?  Never had a chance to look through one.  Based on the number you seem to be acquiring, they must be a nice scope for their price
    Take my advice and don't look through one. Stay satisfied with $200 scopes and be happy, Ignorance is Bliss!

I don't mean anything derogatory about that but a couple years back I was happy with what I had. Those VX-1s and Nikon Buckmasters worked well for me. And they still would for what I do, but once you go in that door, you can't get out. It's like you drove a Chevy or a Ford all your life and then somebody let you drive their BMW, then you were ruined when you see what you been missing. What you been missing probably doesn't help you get from point A to point B one bit better, but it's the little perks that ruin you.

My advice is if you don't see a real need, stick with the Blissful Ignorance. It's much cheaper and for what most of us do it works.
    Yes Snake but once you go down the path the road becomes much brighter and more clear.....Nothing wrong with nice glass, if you can afford it then it is most definitely worth it!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    edited December 2018 #7
    timc saidYY:
    snake284 said:
    mitdr774 said:

Yes Snake but once you go down the path the road becomes much brighter and more clear.....Nothing wrong with nice glass, if you can afford it then it is most definitely worth it!
    Yeah, you're right. I concede that. I could have made the journey in my model T just fine but having ridden in your Corvette I can't go back, I'm ruined for life, LOL!