Home Main Category General Firearms

Smith 19 range report.

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 6,721 Senior Member

Single action 25 feet. 

Double action 25 feet. 

Yep had to shoot it today. It was inside because I was not about to brave the 10 degrees and snowing with a windchill of -6. Nope,  no thank you! Anyway it shoots! Man does it shoot. I shot some of my reloads of a 158gr roundnose with 4.5 grains of unique pushing it. The trigger is phenomenal! Well without further bs.......
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Haven’t seen one yet that wasn’t a shooter. You got you a super nice play toy for sure!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    timc said:
    Haven’t seen one yet that wasn’t a shooter. You got you a super nice play toy for sure!
    Boy ain’t that the truth! 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,280 Senior Member
    I feel you pain brother! Its cold enough to freeze a gooses mouth shut out here.⛄

You knew it was gonna shoot! You just wanted some fun.😀
    I feel you pain brother! Its cold enough to freeze a gooses mouth shut out here.⛄

You knew it was gonna shoot! You just wanted some fun.😀
    Dang right I wanted to have some fun! Pew pew pew! 🤣
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,379 Senior Member
    Good shooting, especially the double action. My groups really open up with DA shooting.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,646 Senior Member
    nice shootin'
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,183 Senior Member
    Nice! That's GREAT shootin' there, pardner.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Thanks guys. The gunsmith at the shop thinks it has had an action and trigger job by someone who knows smiths very well. Or a factory job, the target hammer and trigger is a clue he said. 
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good Shootin!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Load some target 148gr WC in .357 cases and prepare to be blown away.  Cloverleafs!  Once again, great score!!!
    I just happen to have a coffee can full of those..... going to reloads some this afternoon 
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #12
    To pep the loads up try 6.5 grains Unique using 158 grain hard cast SWCs (I use Poly coated) in .357 brass. Will give you much more than a .38 Special and is a low end .357 everyday load. Accurate and easy to control. My go to load. Got enough punch to take care of business if needed. I wanna say FPS is around 1100 depending on bbl length.     
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief said:
    To pep the loads up try 6.5 grains Unique using 158 grain hard cast SWCs (I use Poly coated) in .357 brass. Will give you much more than a .38 Special and is a low end .357 everyday load. Accurate and easy to control. My go to load. Got enough punch to take care of business if needed. I wanna say FPS is around 1100 depending on bbl length.     
    Sounds good!
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Looks good!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain