Home Main Category General Firearms

New to me Smith 19-4.

2»

Replies

• jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,600 Senior Member
    Wow!  $400?   You suck!   She's a beauty.  Is that front sight factory?
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,899 Senior Member
    That's nice. I also like the wood look but I have a 38 with those rubber grips that I was going to change but it feels really nice when shooting. It is not a very pretty gun so I left them on.   
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Very nice Smith and at an awesome price too! Congrats 

a nice model 19 is one of those guns everyone should have. I’ve had my 19-3 for many years, they are awesome shooters.

timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,941 Senior Member
    jbohio said:
    Wow!  $400?   You suck!   She's a beauty.  Is that front sight factory?
    It’s machined with the barrel so I’m guessing so
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek said:
    Making leather for it yet? 😁
    Geez I barely got it cleaned up.....gimme a second. 🤣
    Get cracking brother.  That holster ain’t gonna make itself 😁
    Bla bla bla🤣😆🤣
    That's nice. I also like the wood look but I have a 38 with those rubber grips that I was going to change but it feels really nice when shooting. It is not a very pretty gun so I left them on.   
    Oh you have no idea how much I loath these “things” on a great revolve like this. 
    timc said:
    Very nice Smith and at an awesome price too! Congrats 

a nice model 19 is one of those guns everyone should have. I’ve had my 19-3 for many years, they are awesome shooters.

Thanks!
    NN said:
    I like it
    Thanks Ned. 
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,203 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Oh you have no idea how much I loath these “things” on a great revolve like this. 
    I'll take 'em off your hand, no charge ;)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #42
    Elk creek said:
    The bottom line above all else is, "Does it shoot and can you shoot it?"
    If it shoots good and you can Shoot it Good, and those rubber grips help with that, then in my limited opinion keep them Goodyears on there and SHOOT it!
    Be happy...

Besides, they're not ugly, they're TACTICOOL.....!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    edited December 2018 #43
    knitepoet said:
    Elk creek said:
    Fine come up with Smith k frame replacement grips in wood and the Goodyear’s are all yours! No kidding! 
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member

LolElk creek said:
    knitepoet said:
    Elk creek said:
    Fine come up with Smith k frame replacement grips in wood and the Goodyear’s are all yours! No kidding! 
    Paul he might not grumble much or make you throw in too much boot if you find a decent set for him.

Weatherby said:

LolElk creek said:
    knitepoet said:
    Elk creek said:
    Paul he might not grumble much or make you throw in too much boot if you find a decent set for him.

Yes please!!! Those are exactly what I need!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,741 Senior Member
    I'm thinking about getting Altmont's white polymer checkered single diamond with the S&W logo, and soaking them in tea.

That six inch barrel with the patridge sight had to have been a factory offering for some time. Its a great set up. I carried mine in a nylon Bianci cyclone II holster with a double pouch of HK loaders for years during back country excursions. When I bought it I didn't really know anything about guns and shot many boxes of WWB 110gr sjhp's out of it. I was a good shot back then and regularly connected with targets of opportunity out to a hundred yards, impressing my freinds. The gun remains in excellent condition today with some minor gas cutting in the topstrap. 
    edited December 2018 #47
    Weatherby said:

<3<3<3
    Those are BEAUTIFUL
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

All I have laying around here somewhere is a set of magnas

knitepoet said:
    All I have laying around here somewhere is a set of magnas
    Quit grousing and put up a photo man!
    That means digging through boxes to find them :o

knitepoet said:
    That means digging through boxes to find them :o

Well you have something to do this week. 🤣😂
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    Friend down the street has one with the original wood stock.

That is what I would want if I had such revolver.
    Too big for my hands. I was checking out a friends -4 with the target stocks yesterday. It affirmed my decision to ditch mine so many years ago. They do look good.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    I've got a S&W stainless Mountain Gun in .41 magnum.  It has the Goodyear grips, they feel alright but I can't stand the look of them.  I'll have to order me some nice wood grips.
    I've got a S&W stainless Mountain Gun in .41 magnum.  It has the Goodyear grips, they feel alright but I can't stand the look of them.  I'll have to order me some nice wood grips.
    Looking at some newer S&Ws recently, I was impressed with how good the factory stocks fit my hand. There are fancier grips available, but the new ones are actually pretty nice.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,694 Senior Member
    Great looking SW you stole.
    Looked at one just the other day that was well used that had a 595.00 price tag on it.  I used to look for nice grips at gun shows, never once found anything worth sending @Weatherby a picture of let alone buying. Ad one more YOU SUCK to the list.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,963 Senior Member
    Good hustle! Very nice sidearm!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain