Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Kansas Supreme Court rules cops can enter any house w/o a warrant if they smell weed

13»

Replies

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,620 Senior Member
    Only thing the court got right was not allowing the scientific study about how humans can't detect the odor of marijuana. I sure can. My mouths starts to water when I smell good weed. I also love the smell of skunks!

BTW...I haven't smoked in 6 years but sure as hell wish I could.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,105 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    So you're saying the Kansas Supreme court is less knowledgeable than you?  What informs your legal ability?
    Since when does it take a judge or lawyer to determine that something is morally wrong, that a lie has been taken as truth, and that testimony is tainted? If you think that, then you are living in a twisted world.

CaliFFL's link to the NY Times article spotlights just ONE big city police force that has been caught 'testilying'. There are plenty of articles out there on other cities that are having their dirty laundry aired in public due to being caught on cell phone video.

Personally, I put lying cops, and crooked cops, right up there in the child molester class. Neither is fit to be turned loose on society. They both ruin lives, and the cops hide behind a badge and gun to do their dirty work.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    cpj said:
    Don’t be an idiot. A person who is appointed  to a position by a person who is elected is way more smartificated then you is. 
    Here's something to contemplate about while sittin' on the poopin' stool. :)

The argument from authority:
    When a proponent refers to authority figures rather than evidence or logic to justify their conclusion.

― Douglas Adams
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,327 Senior Member
    Here in Colorado, a “legal” weed state, we play a new game called “Skunk or Weed.” It’s fun and sometimes the answers suprises you. But seriously this has disaster written all over it. The government overreach is staggering these days. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    I keep thinking there is a skunk next to my neighbor's house. Then I realize...
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,368 Senior Member
    There's so many skunks here in the hood, I literally amost stepped on one early one morning well walking. Several times I retreated to safer distance to avoid them.

I should probly do the same with the weed users, but they have no easily seen characteristic.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,389 Senior Member
    The local grow houses in the neighborhood really only smell at harvest time.  Any other time and you cant smell it.  If a house full of weed cant be smelled from outside, then a small amount in a container would be damned near impossibly for a person to smell. 

The local skunks on the otherhand are potent.  The large mostly white skunk, that likes to cross my lawn about when i go to work, and I have an unspoken understanding.  It has worked quite well for the last few years.  The young ones on the other hand have almost gotten me a few times.  Good thing they aim about as well as the idiots in the city do.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,620 Senior Member
    There's so many skunks here in the hood, I literally amost stepped on one early one morning well walking. Several times I retreated to safer distance to avoid them.

I should probly do the same with the weed users, but they have no easily seen characteristic.

I would much rather deal with "weed users" than a drunk. A large majority of smokers do not have the stereo-typical tell-tale signs as most believe. Except for the red eyes. When I would use visine after smoking my wife could never tell I had smoked. She actually preferred when I was able to smoke. It was my best medication for a runaway mind.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,368 Senior Member
    They have eatables here. Im not inclined to try them but news sources claim high potency.

With all the strange behavior encountered in a big city, I don't think Id recognize intoxication.
    They have eatables here. Im not inclined to try them but news sources claim high potency.

With all the strange behavior encountered in a big city, I don't think Id recognize intoxication.
    Just look for the person with grocery bags of chips, soft drinks, and Twinkies and Lil Debbie snack cakes. That's a pretty sure sign of someone with a raging case of he post marijuana munchies! :D
    ― Douglas Adams