Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Hopefully, I'll be back on the saddle

SergioSergio New MemberPosts: 12 New Member
Many of you probably don't know/remember me, I used to be a member of the G&A forums a couple of decades ago. Me and my old man, we were.

I was born and raised in a family of shooters, spent a good deal of my young years at the club, learning, practicing and competing. I loved it. To this day, Hoppe's #9, Winchester Gun Oil and Alox smell like youth to me.

Well, due to the law changes down here (I'm Brazilian), my old folks gave up shooting and sold/donated all the firearms and gear. I'm talking 25 years without firing a gun or visiting a club.

I though I was done with it for good, but due to the recent new gun politics here, it seems that the legal BS and the bureaucracy are finally becoming milder. So, my father and I decided to get back in the game. We'll getting our club membership back and getting all the paperwork done so that we can buy ourselves new pistols and start practicing again.

We have thought about doing this a couple of times during these years but it always seemed to be too much trouble. Now, it seems that it'll happen. At last.

This is not only good because we love the sport and the comradery, but also because this is a blessing to me, a real good opportunity to get together with the old man, something we both can do together after years of different views and political divergences. 

I can't tell you in words how happy I am.

The first thing I wanted to do was stob by and share this here.

Replies