Home Main Category Clubhouse

Have some good news

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,398 Senior Member
Well, cautiously optimistic news.

Apparently the grass isnt greener and when you pay your own bills you start to discover that your husband isnt a greedy SOB. When the kid you sheltered and defended against discipline, has no discipline after you take her away, your husband might not be full of poo.

Mrs. Mist has contacted me and we have talked like humans on more than one occasion. Not to go into details but although I am not ready to renew the vows, if this is what it took to get a different perspective, then I am willing to consider the idea again.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,635 Senior Member
    Hope it works out, hey. Not so easy being the head of the house.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    It's tough, playing the part of the villain, but if you can succeed in turning them into adults, you get to ease off and let them see that you are human. It helps if your spouse is onboard, but sometimes you have to finish raising them, too.

I wish you luck and happiness.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I hope you find reconciliation and can save your marriage.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    Sure hope things work out and you two can reconcile the differences. It sounds like some eyes were opened; just hope some hearts weren't closed in the process.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams