Home Main Category General Firearms

Handgun mounted lights and holsters for carry.........

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,158 Senior Member
edited January 2019 in General Firearms #1
Since I have a new XDS Mod2 on the way, I have been looking for a holster. Prefer one that will accept a light. 

I like my Mitch Rosen Clipper (for PM9). that is the style I would like to stick with. A hybrid would be OK, but not all Kydex..........

I haven't even settled on a light yet. Thinking Veridian......

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    Why the opposition to kydex? JM Custom Kydex could whip up exactly what you want in either AIWB or strong side configuration. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    I tried a cheap one years ago. Slipped around like it was greased.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    jbp-ohio said:
    I tried a cheap one years ago. Slipped around like it was greased.
    Fair enough. A not cheap one is a completely different animal, if it is something you're willing to consider. 
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    An analogy: To compare the quality of a cheap "kydex" holster to a quality one such as JMCK or G-Code is to compare a Nerf gun to a Glock. Yeah, they're both plastic and gun shaped, but that's where the similarities end. 
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    I didn't find anything on their site about the Mod 2 9mm. It is thinner than the .45 now. I will have to send them a message.