Home Main Category General Firearms

Interesting reload test

coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior MemberPosts: 6,611 Senior Member
Basically, trying to see how may times a .45ACP case could be reloaded before failing.   

http://www.massreloading.com/loading45ACP.html?fbclid=IwAR3KTwY8pUwcEsI3dUpdBoRFVhzgXquHdmj6X_I0b7GmgENM3z0oyGeywyA#
"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
George Carlin

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Ive got some banged up looking case heads in my hodgepodge.

Probly better toss any that show proud primers after full seating. Although I may already have lost them by then.

Then too, there's truth to the old saying, use new unfired cases destined for serious intent.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I've reloaded .45ACP cases a lot and my main failure mode is that I can't find all of them after shooting. They do seem to last forever, though. And I don't load to max; more to midrange, and a lot that just barely cause the gun to function for plinking, so the case head doesn't get battered to the extent that those cases showed.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    I've reloaded a lot of 45 brass and haven't had a failure yet. Like Mike, I usually load moderate to mild loads for competition and my biggest concern is finding the brass afterwards. As long as you inspect your brass carefully before you reload, it would be unlikely to have one fail.

My guestimate, hot +P type loads around 5 or so. Mild to moderate, maybe, around 10 - 20. 

I certainly don't worry about it. Finding the brass afterwards, that can raise my cackles.  :#
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain