Home Main Category Clubhouse

Police officer's death resulted from 'Russian roulette'-style game, authorities say; fellow officer

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

more than the pistol had a couple of empty chambers

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    That was a stupid game to play. One officer dead and one looking at some serious prison time.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,637 Senior Member
    Sheesh. You play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Totally avoidable. Puts a dark mark on that PD. Sooner or later your luck will run out playing that game. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    I'm thinking these two had a "Fifty Shades of Blue" thing going on... 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Lt.Lt. New Member Posts: 40 Member
    I'm thinking these two had a "Fifty Shades of Blue" thing going on... 
    Seems fishy to me! I wonder where the other cop was when this went down? Right there with the two of them? Out in the patrol car? Was there a witness to what these two were up to or did the shooter just tell HIS side? Maybe spurned lover who went over to purposely do her harm? Kind of hard to believe someone that was an Army veteran AND became an officer a year ago, AND had her whole life ahead of her would do something so asinine! Something doesn't smell right IMO!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,689 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #8
    Local "CSI" friend once investigated a case that involved 2 security guards (both ex-military) playing "Russian roulette".....with a job-issued .380 semiauto Taurus pistol and a single bullet!
    Allegedly they were triying to find which one of them was the bravest, so while "setting the stage" one of them suddenly  grabbed the pistol from the table, inserted the magazine (previously loaded with a single round), racked the slide and while saying "the bravest one goes first!" pulled the trigger while aiming at his own head. 

Situation was considered so dumb and unvelievable that the survivor was charged with murder. Apparently despite evidences of no foul play, he was found guilty and jailed.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Wow. Idiots.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine