Do you believe/have you ever seen...

13»

Replies

• 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Yep,once in 1977
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #63
    Gila said:
    My wife and I like to sit on the patio or in our jacuzzi at night and watch shooting stars...
    and they watch you.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #64
    CaliFFL said:
    Yes, I've seen a few things in the night sky. A couple events were witnessed by people with me. 
    Well friend, don't leave us in suspense now! Let's hear your story. Lol! As for me, the only thing I've seen were satellites zipping across the night sky - at least I THINK they were satellites.   
    In the desert outside Tucson AZ about 30 years ago...Clear night sky and a billion stars visible. The object we watched slowly flew over, did not have lights, nor did it make any sound. As it passed over it blocked out the stars behind it. From our vantage it looked like a black shadow passing over. We just stood and stared until it was gone. 

The other events were lights zipping around in the sky. Nothing spectacular but I wouldn't call it naturally occurring. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,738 Senior Member
    Saw a UFO the other night of the blood moon.  Scared me so much I almost dropped my liquor bottle.  I fear being probed.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    dld said:

das68 said:
    NN said:
    3 flying saucers in formation when I was in 6th grade. 
    was Clean throwing things at you
    even then

No----I did not know who she was until 8th grade

but did she know who you were in 6th grade :) 
    No------we moved to town and I went to that school only in 8th grade.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Saw a UFO the other night of the blood moon.  Scared me so much I almost dropped my liquor bottle.  I fear being probed.
    I was taken aboard an alien spaceship where they did things in the name of science. I won't tell you exactly what but it wasn't fun.

They must have felt bad so they sent me on my way with this awesome piece of technology. They warned me not to let it fall into the wrong hands.

So at least I can say I have physical evidence of "Intelligent" life!
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    My wife coaxed me outside to look at the 'blood moon.' I had to admit to her that, yes, it did look very 'other worldly,' before she let would release me to stop looking at it. My neck was killing me. It's still sore, and now I'm wondering if it cast some sort of spell over me.

I'm hungry. I wonder what's for breakfast.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    Yep

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • UwharriemanUwharrieman New Member Posts: 25 New Member
    Yes, seen and heard. Took a picture of an orb with a face inside.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Spent way too much time in the Northern and Southern hemispheres on the ocean, and mostly on midwatch on security detail walking the inside and outside decks of the ship. The stars are just a magnificent sight with no light pollution to spoil them. Underway at night there was minimal lighting to no lighting on the main decks; usually a very low wattage bulb in a light fixture that directed all light down to the watertight hatch operating handle. And if you're far enough north or south close to the poles, the auroras are mesmerizing to watch. In all that time I never saw anything close to being a UFO. But I did see stars seem to change position due to the refraction from different layers of air (cool and warm air layers) refracting light. You can see that same thing on a still night when Venus is on the horizon; the planet seems to change position randomly as the air layers play the refraction game.

I've been to a lot of Civil War battlefields and that is the only place I've ever felt anything strange. Walking around and it's hot and you're sweating, and you feel suddenly cold. No breeze as I was smoking most of the time and the smoke was just rising straight up. Cold that seemed to penetrate to the bone. Looked at the cheesy 'placemat map' and I was very near where some mass graves had been dug and soldiers buried. That cold feeling left when I put some distance between me and the mass graves.

Got that same cold feeling at battlefields and allied graveyards I got to visit in Europe.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,660 Senior Member
    Nothing like the night sky far out at sea - esp. in the southern hemisphere!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Yes, seen and heard. Took a picture of an orb with a face inside.
    Uwharrie National Forest? I remember that place well during Robin Sage when we acted as "G's" for the students. 
    Did the students ever convert you over to their "cause?"
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

zorba said:
    They never let us go topside...

Except when bad weather came along then it was report topside they need your help securing containers. That and late night garbage dumps! 

Those were some dark nights. :o

Spk said:
    zorba said:

That sucks!

I'd go out on deck late at nite when about the only illumination was the masthead "all around" and watch the stars for hours. Sometimes, I'd even sing!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Spk said:
    zorba said:

Except when bad weather came along then it was report topside they need your help securing containers. That and late night garbage dumps! 

Spk said:
    zorba said:

That's what sponsons are for...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Sometimes, I'd even sing!
    And you dance too?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Kinda hard on a rolling ship.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

Mystery power outage zaps electrical devices in Canadian co-op parking lot, stumping electricians, locals

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,738 Senior Member
    Oh, I was also “tapped” on the back of the thigh in a birthing compartment while on an overnight Cub Scout camping trip aboard the USS Lexington (CV-16).

Could have been the scoutmaster. 

One of the oddest things that happened to me, not spiritual at all, was once I flipped a quarter (or dropped it, can't remember) and it landed on its edge, straight up.  I don't know what the odds are of this happening, but they must be astronomical.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L said:
    One of the oddest things that happened to me, not spiritual at all, was once I flipped a quarter (or dropped it, can't remember) and it landed on its edge, straight up.  I don't know what the odds are of this happening, but they must be astronomical.
    Maybe, it was a loaded coin. ;)

At least it wasn't a Goocher.