Home Main Category Clubhouse

See....saw

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberPosts: 3,763 Senior Member
New saw arrived yesterday. Got it off the truck and shoved it in the garage, too freaking cold to even take pics. Pulled it out today and got some pics. I think I did alright. $150 for the saw and $85 freight, for a factory reconditioned Hitachi Job Site Table Saw. A new one now sells for $479.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Looks like you got a good deal on that!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    cool
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,814 Senior Member
    I should have gotten one when you ordered yours. I have a miter saw of theirs and like it.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    I should have gotten one when you ordered yours. I have a miter saw of theirs and like it.

They're out of stock, but you can go to the order page for the saw and there is a link you can click on so they'll send you a email, when 1 comes in.
    When I got mine, they were out of stock but had one in the next day
    edited January 2019 #7
    tennmike said:
    Looks like you got a good deal on that!
    Yeah, buddy. They've been $349 for a long time and jumped to $479 at the first of the year.
    Went straight to Big Sky and was gonna buy a Grade C for $249.95, then bite the bullet and pay the $85 dollar freight. The freight is why I hadn't bought one sooner. That would have made the saw almost as high as a new one I could get at Lowes. Nearly had a stroke, when I saw they had the Grade A for $150, a savings of $140........more than enough to pay the freight. And this bunch won't charge you tax, unless you live in Georgia.
    Speaking of Lowes, I was in one, in Bowling Green, and mentioned price increase,to one of the floor walkers. He stood there, looked me straight in the eye and said that was the regular price, I must have been seeing them, when they were on sale. Wish I'd had my boots on. That was the biggest pile I'd heard in a long time. I've been checking them out for over a year and they've always been $349, except for about a mouth, right before Christmas, when they put them on sale for $329. I think if somebody had a $500 product and marked it off by $140, the word SALE would be in 6" letters, all over the display, along with tinsel, streamers, and balloons.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,658 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #8
    I talk to a manager at home depot that did not know they had clearance priced their smoker that I bought and they charged us a sale price that was twice the price it should have been, he did end up refunding us the difference.
  • 1911LVR1911LVR New Member Posts: 21 New Member
    Nice!  I like factory-reconditioned bargains.
    US Navy Veteran * NRA and GOA Member
    =================================
    Praise the Gods, Do Good, Act Bravely
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    That was a pretty good deal.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Would you believe............Lowes has posted a new lower price on the saw.......$349......yep, the same price it was selling for, before they jacked it up. ****! Talk about a real "Richard" move. That is some WalMart grade price management, right there. Raise the price of a product and a couple of weeks later, put it on sale, at the original price.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    I dont go to Blowes very much anymore.  They have replaced a lot of the hand tools that were made here with ones imported from China, and charge the same price.  To me it seems as though they have become the Walmart of the home improvement store world.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    I don't go to Lowe's because of my eye condition. 

I can't see driving to Rockford to get screwed!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    My eye condition must be worse Cool .... I can't see driving to Rockford for anything . ( you buy in a store that is )