Home Main Category General Firearms

Warning about DPMS AR's

2»

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member

Ask Debby's husband, Steve.  He made those "Chinese" parts for several years in Remington's Huntsville Alabama factory.  I don't think he speaks Mandarin very well, even with a redneck accent!

Jerry

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    My preban A2 started jamming on me, and my quick fix was to oil the bejebies out of it to stop the jamming while I was using it.  The permanent fix was a new nickle-boron bolt carrier group.  As for magazines, they can easily be repaired.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,902 Senior Member
    Gila said:
     As for magazines, they can easily be repaired.
    That's what they guys who won't throw junk magazines away always say.   :D  Me?  Sure I'll fix it.  With a hammer and anvil, then throw it in the trash.  I'll spend $20 for a new one rather than bet my life on a crappy magazine. Spend hundreds, if not thousands on the gun and related gear, and cheap out on magazines... good plan..
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    Gila said:
     As for magazines, they can easily be repaired.
    That's what they guys who won't throw junk magazines away always say.   :D  Me?  Sure I'll fix it.  With a hammer and anvil, then throw it in the trash.  I'll spend $20 for a new one rather than bet my life on a crappy magazine. Spend hundreds, if not thousands on the gun and related gear, and cheap out on magazines... good plan..
    I put new springs and followers in them...
    No good deed goes unpunished...