Home Main Category General Firearms

Numrich Gun Parts Reference Guide

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,444 Senior Member
edited February 2019 in General Firearms #1
Numrich has a new big book out that is nothing but exploded views of guns and their parts. Great reference guide if you work on/repair firearms new or old. And an interesting book to look at to see how the parts all fit together. If you're a gun nut and inveterate tinkerer then you'll get a kick out of it. I got mine, and it is a thick volume; about as thick as their retail catalogue.

My only affiliation with them is I have been a customer for years. Thought some of you might like to have an interesting book to peruse.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,275 Senior Member
    Does that book have more than you see on line with them Mike ?
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,715 Senior Member
    As long as I recall not all firearms in their online catalog had parts diagrams available, and those missing MIGHT be available in the book. Still, it's easier to keep a book in a shop than a computer screen, or trying to expand a phone image with greasy hands holding tiny parts.

Also there's the fact that not everyone handles computers beyond basic functions, so primary data sources for them will still be printed material.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    I need one of them to work on that 22 revolver.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,444 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Does that book have more than you see on line with them Mike ?
    I guess the biggest difference is that it has the complete parts list with each model. Online, they only list the parts they have in stock on most old models. And you don't have to scroll through the online parts list to find out what the part name is. 1118 pages of parts diagrams on the different models, and they included the Store Brand to Manufacturers cross reference in the back. That's a handy reference for those store brand rifles and shotguns like Sears, Western Auto, and others.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Numrich has been a god send for me at times. Even if they don’t have the part in stock, I can usually get a good look at what the part looks like so I can make one from scratch.
    Numrich has been a god send for me at times. Even if they don’t have the part in stock, I can usually get a good look at what the part looks like so I can make one from scratch.
    I've done that a few times myself. If you know what the part looks like, then you can whittle and file away on a piece of metal until it fits.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,000 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

I've done that a few times myself. If you know what the part looks like, then you can whittle and file away on a piece of metal until it fits.
    Done that also..

Anyway, thanks for the link. Just ordered one. Good stuff.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

If you're curious about how the parts of a gun fit together, then this is a good book for that. The parts are laid out in the illustrations, for the most part, as to where and how they fit together.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    I want to see the exploded view of a MOAB - from a long way away... 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain