Home Main Category Clubhouse

RK has Bruder toys on sale

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
edited February 2019 in Clubhouse #1
If you have sons/grandsons/nephews whatever you may be interested in these. Bruder is about the last toy maker in Germany and exports a lot of their products. I've seen them for much much more in stores.

Heck stock up for Christmas gifts early. I know they have a reputation for being well made quality toys.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    edited February 2019 #2
    Some of those are 60-80 bucks at Target.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I'll have to mosey over to the RK here and see if they are on sale there. I know a few kids that might get a kick out of some of that stuff.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    I think the sale is online only Mike. They will ship them to an RK store for you to pick up free.
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 838 Senior Member
    Those are really good toys, my 3 year old son has a few Bruder trucks and a loader, very well made and he loves them, a lot more durable than anything else too.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    They need to add one of these:

And of course, the real thing:

No good deed goes unpunished...
    Back in the 70s the border police were running VW bugs with Porsche engines.

A friend stationed in Germany in the 50s remembers them using 55 Chevy's he would see them on the autobahn. I believe they were issued M-1 Carbines on the border. I remember seeing so market Bavarian police for sale stateside.

One thing GIs learned real quick was not to mess with the Polizei. The stubborn ones with a few too many German beers in their gut for courage found that out the hard way.  
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Wow, those are pretty impressive.  I would've love some of those toy rigs as a kid.  Great detail.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Some toys were pretty darn good toys when I was a kid.

However, there were times we had to improvise, a broomstick was my horse and a stick was my sixshooter. 

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Six-Gun said:
    Wow, those are pretty impressive.  I would've love some of those toy rigs as a kid.  Great detail.
    We had them.  They were called Tonka Toys, and companies like John Deere made functioning metal toys of their products too.  One of my favorites was the John Deere hay baler.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Gila said:
    Six-Gun said:
    We had them.  They were called Tonka Toys, and companies like John Deere made functioning metal toys of their products too.  One of my favorites was the John Deere hay baler.
    I had a few Tonka toys as a kid.  I remember one particular light blue jeep that was fairly large and could hold a traditional GI Joe-sized action figure.  Hess trucks were a big holiday hit back then, too.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,637 Senior Member
    The Mighty Tonka T-6 Bulldozer:

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Doing some heavy lifting at the ammo dump?
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,637 Senior Member
    Yep. ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."