Home Main Category General Firearms

Fave caliber

2»

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    Only rifle I have is a .223/5.56 Rock River. Only other desire is a Bolt in .308 for shooting LR at the range. Like to have a Ruger Precision but will probably just watch the Black Friday sales for a Remington SP..........

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,111 Senior Member
     My Sako Vixen in 222. First centrefire rifle I ever bought. Have shot everything from rabbits and magpies through to deer and up to wild cattle/bulls. Never let me down.

Runner ups are my 204's, 243 and 7mm08 not in any order of preference.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 355 Member
    Right now for me .308 as I am still in love with my FAL. Then it would be .30-06 for "serious" work, then 5.56 and 7.62 x 39.
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 772 Senior Member
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    When I hunted, I fell in love with the non-magnum 7MM's. My favorite is my custom Mauser .284 Win. Followed closely by my 7MM-08.
    If I stared to hunt again, I'd have to try one of the old lever guns! Either the 1881 Marlin in .40-60 or one of the Savage 1899's, probably the .38-55!

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    By #, .223/5.56, but its not a favorite.  Other calibers, I have no duplicates in rifles except .44 mag, so I guess I have to go with that per the OP description.  My personal favorite to shoot?  .45-70.  THUMP.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • PegasusPegasus Senior Member Posts: 2,768 Senior Member
    .308Win.  Favorite and most rifles.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,815 Senior Member
    I can't say that I have a favorite but I have more than one in 30-06. It would depend on what I was going to use it for what one I would use.
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    edited February 2019 #40
    Caliber I have the most of apart from the .729  and have done for 30 plus years is 6.5.
     Favourite cartridge in that caliber, undoubtedly the modern rifles chambered for 6.5x55 although I had a Carl Gustaf or two in my time.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • PegasusPegasus Senior Member Posts: 2,768 Senior Member
    ojr said:
    Caliber I have the most of apart from the .729  and have done for 30 plus years is 6.5.
     Favourite cartridge in that caliber, undoubtedly the modern rifles chambered for 6.5x55 although I had a Carl Gustaf or two in my time.

Do you only have 12 guage shotguns or do you have other gauges as well?