3 teens rob 65yr old man , ,

mkk41mkk41 BannedPosts: 1,932 Senior Member
three teens cutting school , picked on the wrong old man. Their 3rd robbery attempt of the day. Guess third time IS a charm!

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-berks/DA-Robbery-victim-65-justified-in-shooting-of-teens-on-trail/-/121418/8505702/-/3s906uz/-/index.html
"There are no victims , only volunteers!"

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    The link locked up. Can you summarize the story? Thanks.

Ahead of time however, I can guess it's a story I'll appreciate, being a very cranky geezer.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    It works now.
    Third time is a charm. That it was.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,825 Senior Member
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    I almost laughed at this story, but one kid lost his life, so it was definitely no laughing matter. In any case, I wish kids would learn (read: I wish they were taught) to respect others; this was easily preventable, and that poor man will never be the same.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I had a good harty har har, those villains would have killed that guy given half a chance, I will shed no tears for them, good riddance, I hope the gentleman in question puts this behind him, life goes on, the wicked are dead, and for once, the just live.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    I had a good harty har har, those villains would have killed that guy given half a chance, I will shed no tears for them, good riddance, I hope the gentleman in question puts this behind him, life goes on, the wicked are dead, and for once, the just live.

+1! Sad for all his friends and family but I hope they take it as a good lesson.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Poor babies ! cut down in the flower of their youth !!! oh boo hoo sob sob.......
    Nasty ole men looking to shoot down some good choir boys......
    Why would he need a gun ????
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Billy GunBilly Gun Member Posts: 51 Member
    Already on probation for aggravated assalt? I have to think that he deserved to be shot. If the victim had fired a "warning round" what are the chances of hitting an innocent bystander, or the firearm being taken away and used on himself? It was three on one. He was such a "nice boy" , my foot!
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Three on one, mid to upper-teenagers against a senior citizen. Do the numbers, and two plus two equals distinct disparity of force - mom and the cousins can "boo hoo" all they want, but I bet they had some tense moments around the house before the dearly departed became, well, dearly departed.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,656 Senior Member
    As far as I'm concerned, the first round to hit him WAS the warning shot, at least all the "warning" he deserved

edited to add: It's all fun and games, til some old guy busta cap in yo *** :devil:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,715 Senior Member
    They got their warning shots. It was their bad luck to be standing in front of the muzzle when the warning shots were fired.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Virginia BoyVirginia Boy Member Posts: 213 Member
    In Lynchburg, Va. in 2011, 3 teenagers, attacked an 81 yr. old man on
    Main street, knocked him to the ground, kicked him in the head, and killed him.
    Rights and freedoms, won with patriot's blood,
    shall not be taken away, by ink from a tyrant's pen.
    Yeah, but since no adorable cute teens were killed, its all good !!!
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned, the first round to hit him WAS the warning shot, at least all the "warning" he deserved
    edited to add: It's all fun and games, til some old guy busta cap in yo *** :devil:

+1 :that:
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    Yes your Honor, I shot him a warning shot and my warning went in one ear and out the other !!!!