Home Main Category General Firearms

Hey TennMike

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
You bust a few shells outta that new coach gun yet.

I imagine in 12 ga it will talk you a little bit.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Haven't yet. I worked all day today at my friend's new place. I reckon I'll cut loose Monday with some 1 oz. skeet loads and see how it goes. That danged thing is tighter than Dick's hatband, too. You gotta be serious about breaking it open! :D  It will loosen up with use, though. I found a few half gallon milk jugs that look suspicious and need killin' before they go bad and cause trouble.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,370 Senior Member
    edited March 2019 #3
    tennmike said:
    Haven't yet. I worked all day today at my friend's new place. I reckon I'll cut loose Monday with some 1 oz. skeet loads and see how it goes. That danged thing is tighter than Dick's hatband, too. You gotta be serious about breaking it open! :D  It will loosen up with use, though. I found a few half gallon milk jugs that look suspicious and need killin' before they go bad and cause trouble.
    I hear ”pot smoking” is popular with certain shooters in Tennessee.
    That's a new phrase that I haven't heard yet. Although 'passin' the jug' after shooting is done and the guns are put up is a time honored tradition.
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:
    That's a new phrase that I haven't heard yet. Although 'passin' the jug' after shooting is done and the guns are put up is a time honored tradition.
    For one guy, it is part of the shooting experience.

https://youtu.be/CbNM0ViRaE0
    tennmike said:

Well, he definitely smoked some pots! And with a shotgun sporting what looks like a suppressor, too. Some folk get to have all the fun! :'(
    ― Douglas Adams
    Good intentions and bad results today. It was COLD this morning (30 deg.) so I had a couple of cups of coffee and watched the outdoor thermometer rise. Around 11:00 a.m. a guy that just moved up here had a 'small machining' job and was between a rock and a hard place. Took 3 hours to do the small job.......................and then it started raining. Not a hard rain, just that aggravating rain that makes you not want to be out in it. Still drizzly rain at 5:10 p.m. so maybe tomorrow on the double barrel test firing.
    And I bought 4 boxes of the really light skeet loads (1 oz. #8 shot 1180 fps) yesterday to do the testing with.
    And the freakin' motor start capacitor crapped out when I was doing a keyway cut for myself. I was going to do that job tomorrow, but since I was there I figured I might as well do it. 10 minute job. Stopped the milling machine to check depth, and when I tried restarting it, motor just hummed with no start. So I ordered a few new ones. Stinks being 30 thousandths away from fixing MY problem and having the capacitor turn up its toes.
    ― Douglas Adams
    edited March 2019 #8
    tennmike said:
    tennmike said:

Well, he definitely smoked some pots! And with a shotgun sporting what looks like a suppressor, too. Some folk get to have all the fun! :'(
    He is a lucky man. Buds Gun Shop gives him access to a lot of cool toys.  His best toy, imho, is his backyard shooting range.

I accidentally bumped into 22Plinkster and Hickok45 at the NRA Convention in Dallas.  Both, were really nice to me.