Home Main Category General Firearms

What guns are you thinking about or have already bought this year?

12346»

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Had a dental appointment today for a small filling. Got that done and went to a gun shop I hadn't hit in a while. They had my shotgun in 12 ga. so I bought it. Good things come to them what waits! :)
    Century Arms JM-2000 12 ga. Coach Gun with 20" barrels. Both barrels cylinder bore. Functional exposed hammers.
    There's gotta be something around here that needs a skeet load of #9 shot!

Looks like fun Mike. I remember an old Western where one of the actors (Gabby Hayes?) told an outlaw trying to rob a stagecoach drop your gun or I'll blow your ears off. He had a rabbit ears shotgun pointed at the outlaw.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    I was in Florida Gun Exchange yesterday and they had the exact revolver that is on my wish list.....S&W 686 Plus 3" barrel with Rosewood grips.  I have the tax refund in the bank.....but I also have roof and electrical repairs on the house looming.....so the gun did not come home with me.  :'(  I was there with my 21 year-old daughter who is looking to purchase her first carry gun.  I took her there because they have the widest selection in stock in the area and she would be able to handle and compare many brands and models.  Much to my horror, her favorite after handling everything was the Glock 43 in Robin's Egg Blue.  :D  It looks like this:
    She graduates from college in Wisconsin and moves back to Florida in June, so it may wind up being her graduation present.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Well, your daughter is just doing what women do. They look at the outward appearance, and they like what they like. Being a Glock in 9mm it will at least serve her well for protection. And the color might be a distracting influence if she ever has to pull it in an emergency. As long as she shoots it a lot and gets proficient with it, then it's all good! :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Yep, in coaching her in selection I made sure she put the main emphasis on feel and comfort in her hand, not mine.  I made sure she understood that a plain black gun could always be wrapped in whatever color she liked.  Of everything she tried, the Glock 43 just fit her hand the best and she was able to reach all the controls comfortably.  I am not a Glock fan, but that is based purely on looks.  I have zero qualms about performance and reliability.  Ultimately it is for her, not me, so as long as she stays away from brands/models with reliability issues my opinion doesn't matter. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    Good on you 10. Best to let anybody select their own pistol. I myself was equally happy with both the G43 and the LC9s, and ended up with the latter because PSA was having a blowout sale.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • RaptortrapperRaptortrapper Posts: 94 Member
    Going to do two Ruger Super Blackhawk complete builds on stainless frames.  One in 45 Colt or 500 JRH, and a second one in 327 Federal.
    Some people are like a slinky-- not much fun till you push them down the stairs!