Home Main Category Clubhouse

Mechanics????

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member

I got a bad vavuum valve or what????? I noticed the oil stain today. Been running ok, no warning lights. But that oil stain don't look good????

Replies

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

I got a bad vavuum valve or what????? I noticed the oil stain today. Been running ok, no warning lights. But that oil stain don't look good????
    that doesn't look like an induction motor
    what are you a luddite?

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member

Ignore the slow speed fisherman.  How many miles are on that engine?  It looks like there's enough blow-by past the piston rings that the PCV valve can't handle it and it's backing up into what's supposed to be the air inlet into the crankcase.  Try changing the PCV valve- - - -it could be clogged and not functioning properly.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Only on every other Tuesday.😋
    Thanks Teach.
    Its got a 147,000+ miles on it.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Teach said:

Ignore the slow speed fisherman.  How many miles are on that engine?  It looks like there's enough blow-by past the piston rings that the PCV valve can't handle it and it's backing up into what's supposed to be the air inlet into the crankcase.  Try changing the PCV valve- - - -it could be clogged and not functioning properly.

That would be my guess too.  A new PVC valve and adding a catch can should fix that right up, and the catch can will prevent it in the future.  I'd also remove the throttle body and clean all of the metal on the inside of it with brake cleaner.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    The inside of the pvc valve can move when shaken? Mabey not bad? Also the hose connection is splitting a bit. Im going to call and see if the parts store has one and change it and see.
    edited March 2019 #8
    Teach said:

Ignore the slow speed fisherman. 

another drive-by

did you lose your sense of humour in 1973 
    along with something else
    can't think what that was

you todger 

edited March 2019 #9
    Only on every other Tuesday.😋
    those Tuesday will catch you out

:D:D

I switched out the pvc for new and snipped the end pf the hose for a better fit. That vaume hose needs replaced. Maybe in the morning. Bad time a day for driving here.