Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    It's from aljazeera so I take it with a grain of salt.
    As to what the video presented, well, you have to fight fire with fire, as the saying goes. Logical arguments get you nowhere with the Democrats and all Left leaning folk. Their brains are impervious to logic, so you must use the same tools they use, which is emotional arguments with little to no facts, but very strident emotional language to counter their emotional language. It sucks stump water, but that's the way it is.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    The extreme nature of the tactics used to expose the extreme nature of the tactics is what has me stunned.

Ordinary people are caught between the devil and deep blue sea. 
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    The extreme nature of the tactics used to expose the extreme nature of the tactics is what has me stunned.

Ordinary people are caught between the devil and deep blue sea. 
    It's always been that way as to the Left going on emotional arguments and the Right trying to use logical argument. The problem is that the Left smells blood in the water and has gone mad with a lust for power. Power over the 'ordinary people' you mention. It's the kind of lust for power that causes wars. People who love freedom will eventually fight to remain free or die in the attempt. And they'll make no bones about how many of those they take with them from the other side.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    In spite of appearance, no agenda here. I happened across the article on line and was surprised at not only the content, but the source. Im disenchanted with the NRA, but I've no intentions of being evangelical about. I also cherish my constitutional rights and was genuinely interested in reading the reactions of others.
    I was actually more alarmed at the committal of personnel and resources to discredit the NRA than what the article exposed. Its indicative of an effort directed at militant vilification. Regardless of any percieved failings or diversionary political agenda on the part of the NRA, their efforts, at least as exposed in the article were promotional and not assaulting.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    NRA isn't perfect - no human organization is. Yea, they "go soft" sometimes when they shouldn't. But all in all, they're good folks. I belong to GOA and JPFO as well.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    NRA isn't perfect - no human organization is. Yea, they "go soft" sometimes when they shouldn't. But all in all, they're good folks. I belong to GOA and JPFO as well.
    I belong to GOA as well. Great organization. 
    Yep - I like their pre-addressed postcards.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."