Home Main Category Hunting

From the trap line

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
This beast weighed in at 59.6 lbs.


596lbsbeaver1-29-12.jpg
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod


Replies

  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,752 Senior Member
    I really hate to see it...because anyway you say it, it just don't come out right....But...I'll just drive on...Congratulations! that's a huge beaver! or that's a really nice beaver!....See what I mean?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,569 Senior Member
    My, that's a big beaver your son's got a hold of!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,752 Senior Member
    It's gonna get adolescent around here real fast...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,119 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    It's gonna get adolescent around here real fast...

    Momma always told me that boys/men stop maturing around age 13. I reckon she was right.

    Also, the catch reminds me of this extremely cool Primus video:
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Naw man, I like BEAVER!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Naw man, I like BEAVER!!!


    But you refuse to eat a cat?
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,119 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    But you refuse to eat a cat?
    Touche!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    So, how much does a large toothed flat tailed chainsaw hide go for?


    Maybe $15 each. Not worth selling. The kid gets them tanned and makes/sells hats and mittens.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • scarfacescarface Member Posts: 263 Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Maybe $15 each. Not worth selling. The kid gets them tanned and makes/sells hats and mittens.

    So you can wear Beaver on your hands! Hmmmmm..........."Beaver Mittens".....I bet those would sell great on Ebay.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,641 Senior Member
    Leslie Nielson RIP- Re: Beaver, are you going to have it stuffed???
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,738 Senior Member
    Very nice catch!

    See how adults do it?
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    But you refuse to eat a cat?

    Yes, most abdomately. I probably mispelled that word. I get worse at spelling as I get older. But anyway, I don't eat cats, LOL because if I tried I would think about the smell of their waste products. Nothing in this world smells like CAT PEE!!!

    On the other hand I have seen a couple of cougars I would probably have eaten if prepared right....
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,654 Senior Member
    Is it pink inside?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Is a Cougar Pink Inside? Some are....And they don't taste a thing like chicken!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,752 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Nothing in this world smells like CAT PEE!!!

    Actually if you spend any time in a stand of juniper, you will find they smell almost exactly like cat pee...just not as strong...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,631 Senior Member
    I ate a toothed flat tailed chainsaw, too greasy.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • AiredaleAiredale Banned Posts: 624 Senior Member
    No cutsie replies from me, nice goin!!

    Few people realize that the beaver is one of the only animals that continues to grow thoughout its life. I heard of some weighing upwards of 90 lbs.
    I used to love trapping them because it took me back to the time of the Mountain Men and the Hudson Bayers.

    Skinning them is no problem, preparing the pelt for sale is a royal pain.

    Good luck with your trapping and don't forget; the meat on the hind quarter is pretty tasty in a stew.

    Jim
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement