Home Main Category Hunting

Big kitty

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
I ran into my neighbor at the gas station a few minutes ago. He shot this Tom 3/4 mile from my house. Yikes!

Kittycat.jpg
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,122 Senior Member
    That cat looks worn out. Good thing he's taking a dirt nap!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Yep, that's a big kitty.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Oh, any word on the weight?
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    :yikes:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    :yikes:I agree! Now that's a substantial cat for sure. They should give all the bunny huggers that want to outlaw shooting them one in their back yard. Let em try to feed it pork chops by hand. Then the people that make prosthesis could make plenty of money selling mechanical arms and it would also convert a pile of bunny huggers.

It's like when they made Aligators endangered species. Now they're in about every ditch and duck pond in South Texas. How many dogs get eaten every day?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Oh, any word on the weight?

His text said 162 lbs.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

CaliFFL wrote: »
    His text said 162 lbs.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to fight that thing off.
    No joke Six, think about just a common house cat. A lean mean tom is very fast and strong for his size. Multiply that by 10 or maybe 15 and you got this. No way I wanna tangle with any cat over 100 pounds. Even a much smaller bob cat can be pretty mean.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    No joke Six, think about just a common house cat. A lean mean tom is very fast and strong for his size. Multiply that by 10 or maybe 15 and you got this. No way I wanna tangle with any cat over 100 pounds. Even a much smaller bob cat can be pretty mean.

Hell yeah. Just look at what became of that poor beagle at the hands of a bobcat. I don't think the strongest of us would last 20 seconds alive against that cougar Tom. On that note, I would stonger consider strategicvally placed balls of yarn around the perimiter of my yard if I knew one of those things was lurkin nearby. He might call of the stalk on you and start playing with one of them if you set it up just right. That or a bag of catnip hidden under the neighbors porch. Better him than me. :jester:
    No Joke Bro!!! LOL! Seriously, my female cousin who lives in Austin Tx. and was married to a Lawyer that died a few years back was at their ranch on opening morning of deer season one year. She said she was sitting there snuggling up to her .243 when all of a sudden this big cougar appears in front of her and starts playing around (I have no idea with what) and she just sat there and watched. She said she couldn't shoot it, it was too beautiful to shoot. She watched it play for about 30 minutes until it finally left. She said after a few minutes she was wishing she'd brought her camera instead of her gun. I told her that it was a good thing it wasn't me or I'd have had a mountain lion rug.
  • ShubanShuban New Member Posts: 10 New Member
  • scarfacescarface Member Posts: 263 Member
    WOW! 162 Pounds is a lot of angry kitty to deal with.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,737 Senior Member
    We see at least threee every year we hunt at the lake, but I won't let that stop me. They are protected in Kaliforniastan so we pratice the three S's, shoot, shovel and shut up.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    you can shoot them here but you need the M-Loin ID cert (which is easy and can be done in 20 mins online) Not 100% sure of the price any more but I believe it's $50 for the tag and like $200 "Trophy fee" if you want to keep it instead of handing it over to fish and game. Not sure the laws on self defence but I'll bet if you can prove it and you call fwp right away you'd be fine.