Home Main Category General Firearms

Selling guns

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 11,727 Senior Member
Wonder if any of the auction sites are worth dealing with?  Anyone tried them?
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,889 Senior Member
    I have had nothing but good experiences both buying and selling on Gunbroker. 
    You seem to have a bit more eclectic items so perhaps someplace like Rock island Auctions would suit your needs. They will take one or all of what you want to sell, put it in their auction and pay you when they sell minus the fee.

Sako  
  • john.41john.41 Member Posts: 316 Member
    Not sure how far Hayesville NC is from you. Might visit these guys, they use GB also.

https://shootersexchange.com/index.html

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,026 Senior Member
    edited April 2019 #4
    john.41 said:
    Not sure how far Hayesville NC is from you. Might visit these guys, they use GB also.

WTH is "Shooter sex change"?

Oh....ok. nevermind.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Gene L said:

Gene L said:

Gene L said:

Gene L said:
    I've bought stuff off Gun Broker. It worked OK, no problems, but my experience was on the buying side. I've never sold anything on there.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,142 Senior Member
    john.41 said:

WTH is "Shooter sex change"?

Oh....ok. nevermind.

Mike
    This is how you know the internet has ruined you. That was the first thing I saw as well
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    If those are like most auctions Gene they get around a 1/3 cut on what you sell . I find face to face a way better way & cash only . Then again I seem to only buy guns & not sell . But I do sell a lot of treasures ! lol ( not as much as I should but still a lot )