Home Main Category General Firearms

Academy Sports & PSA

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 2,292 Senior Member
Does anyone know if Academy will price match PSA? 

I'm thinking about buying a LCP. I haven't ck'd lately, but PSA was selling them for $169. Academy wants $199. 

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,074 Senior Member
    I don't think so.
    And honestly, when you add in whatever your dealer charges for a transfer, price is pretty much the same
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,292 Senior Member
    I may go see if they'll do it. If they do, I'll save a little $. If they won't,  I'll still buy it. 
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,726 Senior Member
    PSA is not listed under their "select online retailers", but they have some I have never heard of so it won't hurt to ask.

"Select online retailers are: Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Carter’s Country, Champs Sporting Goods, Dicks Sporting Goods, Eastbay, Fanatics, Gander Mountain / Gander Outdoors, Hibbet Sports, Kansas Sampler, Rally House, REI, Scheels All Sports, Target and Walmart. "
    PSA is now selling LCPs for 199. Didn't make it to Academy today. My lgs has one for $249. May go haggle with him next week.
    The lgs wanted $250 out the door for a LCP. 

I bought 1,at Academy tonight. Got the gun and a Pro Mag magazine for $210 after a $20 coupon  
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I think that' a great price. And I agree, you buy it at Academy you take it home and the money flow is over for that transaction. I bet you would have spent more dealing with PSA when all was said and done. I think you did good.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • ShannonHayesShannonHayes Posts: 211 Member
    Michakav said:
    PSA is not listed under their "select online retailers", but they have some I have never heard of so it won't hurt to ask.

"Select online retailers are: Amazon, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Carter’s Country, Champs Sporting Goods, Dicks Sporting Goods, Eastbay, Fanatics, Gander Mountain / Gander Outdoors, Hibbet Sports, Kansas Sampler, Rally House, REI, Scheels All Sports, Target and Walmart. "
    I thought Amazon had a strict "no firearms" policy? I may be wrong.