Home Main Category Hunting

Got some more bird hunting help...

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 8,149 Senior Member
edited April 2019 in Hunting #1

This is Nessa.  She is an 8-week old Small Munsterlander that we just added to our family.  My daughter wanted a new puppy for her 12th birthday and she got her wish.  

Our 7 year-old German Shorthair, Bolt, immediately took to her and they are getting along beautifully.  She even came over to sleep with him just a little bit ago after playing with him since she got home.  I think she will make a fine hunting dog and he will be an excellent mentor to her.

Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,893 Senior Member
    beautiful pup.. Never heard of the bread before though. Can't believe your daughter is 12 already!!

Sako
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,638 Senior Member
    Nice looking dog, bonus your shorthair is taking a shine to her.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Nice looking dog. She should be great at home and in the field 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,149 Senior Member
    edited April 2019 #5
    sakodude said:
    beautiful pup.. Never heard of the bread before though. Can't believe your daughter is 12 already!!

Sako
    It’s crazy to think we just had her Middle School orientation last week.  Life is flying by.

As for the Small (Kleine) Münsterländers, they are a very popular German versatile hunting dog used all over Europe for pointing, retrieving and blood tracking.  My wife and I saw one for the first time at an outdoor show that just so happened to be the puppy’s mom.  My wife was taken with how calm they are indoors, and I was taken with how vigorous they are in pursuit.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    This here's a smile maker :)
    Bolt is really taking on the “big brother” role with Nessa extremely well.  

For as hyper as he is, he’s extremely cautious playing near her and doesn’t seem to mind her company one bit so far.  He even shares his food and bedding with her.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    edited April 2019 #8
    I'm more of a cat person myself - BUT - that is one fine lookin' dawg! And I have yet to hear of a cat trained to hunt with humans...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'm more of a cat person myself - BUT - that is one fine lookin' dawg! And I have yet to hear of a cat trained to hunt with humans...
    Back on the farm, our 'momma' cat would go with me in the woods when I had my pellet gun. She didn't help in the hunt, but she wold sure clean up after I shot a starling or two.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    edited April 2019 #10
    Having a calmer breed in the house will be........ beneficial to marital bliss...

We want to replace our dog, but can't find anyone that breeds Engam bulldogs. We could 'order' one but that is $$$$.......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    edited April 2019 #11
    I hear you there.  Specialty breeds are never cheap to acquire.  I don’t want to relive what this puppy cost us.  That said, the joy she’s bringing to our family is priceless.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,856 Senior Member
    I love her!!!!! 
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain