Home Main Category Clubhouse

Is it too early to talk about the SE shoot?

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,810 Senior Member
    The last place I bought Troyers from was at The Tennessean Truck Stop off I-65, a few miles north of the Motel 6 we will be staying at next weekend. 
    That's  old stuff. I can get it fresh...... ;)
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    I will have a 10x10 canopy and a table
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    I'm going tomorrow to look at the sight we have at reelfoot lake. If it's a marsh since it's raining again. We may change our minds.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    When is Reelfoot NOT a marsh?  It's been that way since the 1800's!
    Teach said:
    When is Reelfoot NOT a marsh?  It's been that way since the 1800's!
    It's really a marsh this year. Never saw it like this.
    Motel 6, Right??

edited May 2019 #278

Yep, same as before.  931-363-4501, and mention "Southeast Shoot" to get the discount rate. 

Horseshoe Lake up above Cairo Illinois gets the same way- - - - shallow topography, cypress trees, etc.  It's on the same goose migration flyway as Reelfoot. 

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,185 Senior Member
    Wagon's loaded:

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Does someone have an extra spot under a canopy that I could park my butt? I really don't want to schlep that beach umbrella up to the firing line again, and it was pretty ineffectual anyway...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Motel 6, Right??

Does this mean you're coming?

)O(
    zorba said:
    Motel 6, Right??

Does this mean you're coming?
    Want find out for sure till tomorrow. Camp ground office closed today. I will call in the morning and see if I can move the 3 nights we have reserved or if I'm going to loose my money. Depends on that. There is water all behind the site so I'm hoping they will let me reschedule dates.
    zorba said:
    Does someone have an extra spot under a canopy that I could park my butt? I really don't want to schlep that beach umbrella up to the firing line again, and it was pretty ineffectual anyway...
    I borrowed one from my brother. It is a 12'x12'.... I don't think the two of us will use all of that room.........
    Thank you Sir. Don't need much space anyway, I'm hauling my entire kit up to the firing line in a wagon this year!

)O(
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,577 Senior Member
    This much prep talk to have fun is killing me, I hope you folks have good weather and safe driving, I will see about next year, again.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Gonna be on the hot side, but still no rain in the guess-cast!

)O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I got blindsided tonight, and won't be coming to the Shoot. My nephew and some of my friends are throwing a barbecue get together on Sat. and insist that I attend. This is one that I can't bow out on. Take lotsa pics and post them up; I'll get on the laptop at the BBQ and show them how we celebrate over there on Memorial Day. This will be the first Shoot I've missed, and I'll miss seeing all y'all yahoos. Have some fun!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Aw rats!
    {insert smarty pants snide comment here}

)O(
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 743 Senior Member
    Folks it is supposed to be 96 degrees here on Saturday and humid....try to hydrate ahead of time and be sure to watch for signs of heat related issues.  It is already miserable and is only in the 80's today. :-/
    Ugh. Wunderground is showing 93 - either way, its gonna be a scorcher!

)O(
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Baked beans are made. I soaked and cooked the chick peas for the hummus. I got baklava. Pita bread is ordered so it will be made fresh Thursday morning. Got the coney sauce, red sauce, and vienna hot dogs-- I will pick up buns on Friday once I am down there. Got the smelt. I will make balls and the pasta salads on Wednesday.

I guess I better start rounding up guns and ammo.

I will also have 5 gallon coolers of unsweetened iced tea and Gatorade for Saturday-- everyone bring your own refillable mugs/bottles for that. MakeMyDay is the designated water boy on the firing line-- he will have cold bottles of water for everyone up there.

Take Mary's advice to heart on the hydration-- if you don't stay ahead of the hydration, heat stroke will get you. Even a very mild heat stroke will mess up your whole day-- IF you can think somewhat straight after it hits you, your only real options are to head back to the motel, take a cool shower, drink liquids and sit in air conditioning the rest of the day-- your fun for the day is pretty much over.

Liana isn't going to make it down. Cpj? I haven't got a confirmation, but he has been reloading quite a bit the last few days and his drone parts are coming in tomorrow so it sounds like he is going to come if his daughter's surgery is uneventful.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    93° is a nice day here.  It's humidity that sucks...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    CPJ is planning on coming at least - he's got an "ugly rifle" he's bringing.
    THANK YOU for taking care of the water - I was trying to figure out how I was going to cope with keeping some fluids in me...

)O(
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member crusted in sandPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Got all the tarps cut and folded, enough for 98' of firing line, and they'll be coming tomorrow to put a new windshield in Debbie's car. I went to put new wipers on it and one of the arms slipped out of my hand with the wiper off and barely tapped the windshield and cracked it. I'm about to go out and check the sighting on a couple of rifles and ,I'll be done until Thursday when Debbie will make the pies and I'll make the dips and pick up the shrimp. Everything is moving smoothly.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    CPJ is planning on coming at least - he's got an "ugly rifle" he's bringing.
    THANK YOU for taking care of the water - I was trying to figure out how I was going to cope with keeping some fluids in me...
    I will have bottled water and sweet tea.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I used to weld pipe outside in 100+ degree temps and no shade, but that was in central California with humidity in the teens.  Tennessee has "air you can wear''!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Teach said:
    I used to weld pipe outside in 100+ degree temps and no shade, but that was in central California with humidity in the teens.  Tennessee has "air you can wear''!
    There have been times when working here on the farm that being outfitted with a SCUBA tank and a wet suit with cold water running through it would have been nice. When it gets in the 90s and the humidity busts 75% relative humidity then it's time to go soak in the creek and make the fish gag.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Good thing i replaced batteries in my electronic muffs. One pair died..... come on Amazon 2 day shipping 
    Chris will be there.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,637 Senior Member
    My boy graduated this year, so my plan is for this to be the last year I say "I wish I coulda".  Even at that, I was still trying to figure out how I could make it work this year. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    My boy graduated this year....
    So did mine. He is coming too.

LAME!
    -Thomas Paine