Home Main Category General Firearms

"New" Ruger revolver

13»

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #62
    I "think" I have one on order from RK. I'll call them tomorrow to see if they really *do* have them in stock. Their website says they do, but they also have a 10 day delay for "whatever" reason. Still, I ordered it because the price was right, I can always cancel if I can get it faster elsewhere or the 10 day delivery turns out to be a fairy tale. Not in time for the shoot unfortunately, but I might be able to pick it up on my way home. Otherwise, the nearest RK is about an hour away.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #63
    My friends kids shot his on saturday AM at our hunting shack, definitely minute of grouse at 10 yds.

Wrangler on top, my single-six on the bottom, his grips fit on mine, mine did not on his, not exactly the same, but similar 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    What era is your Single Six?
    Its my understanding that Wrangler grips will exchange with the newer generation of Single Sixes, apparently 2 frame types called XR3-RED and XR00300.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    No clue, I bought it 15-20 years ago "used" at a Gander Mt. for the princely sum of $275, with adjustable sights and dual cylinders, it looked like it was bought new a year or 2 before I got it from some paperwork that was in the case, it looked like brand new.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    The good news is that RK is shipping mine Priority today! That *MAY* mean that I'll be able to pick it up on my way out to the shoot - otherwise, it'll be on my way home.

Rifle gear had them briefly today - I signed up for a bunch of email alerts, and theirs went off today. OOS now. They're trickling into the pipe...