Home Main Category Clubhouse

Is it too early to talk about the SE shoot?

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,185 Senior Member
    I'll be damned, I just got off the phone with Debbie and she got the issues resolved and we can make it after all. What a relief!
    Oh thank Goddess. I bet that was an "intense" 15 minutes! Glad you're coming!
    I was just finishing up some chores, packing etc and was looking forward to a quiet evening before heading out in the AM - when I get "the call". Tenant hasn't been putting vinegar down the HVAC condensate drain, so I get to call the HVAC people to come clean it out tomorrow because I sure don't have the time for it. That's gonna cost the tenant about $100, because I made it clear that I don't pay for these. Great tenants otherwise though...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Tripped the "critical task detector", did you?
    My unit is a Univex, but it is just a rebranded Sirman out of Italy. Diver-- I have a request... find these people and kick one of them in the nuts for me. Liars! Here is how these liars make it look. I came home with flour all over me in a very pissed off mood. Damn liars!

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member crusted in sandPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I'll be damned, I just got off the phone with Debbie and she got the issues resolved and we can make it after all. What a relief!
    Oh thank Goddess. I bet that was an "intense" 15 minutes! Glad you're coming!

It was about five hours. I didn't want to post it until I was sure (or so I thought) that we couldn't go and when I called Deb to tell her that I canceled the hotel reservation, she informed me that the issues were resolved. The lady at the hotel probably thinks I'm crazy.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    My unit is a Univex, but it is just a rebranded Sirman out of Italy. Diver-- I have a request... find these people and kick one of them in the nuts for me. Liars! Here is how these liars make it look. I came home with flour all over me in a very pissed off mood. Damn liars!

Maybe.......you were playing the wrong music?
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,461 Senior Member
    zorba said:

Jerm every single thing i found on google says they are PROFESSIONAL pasta makers for professional caterers.  Think that may be the issue.  Will look them up next time we are in Italy
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited May 2019 #337
    Diver43 said:
    Jerm every single thing i found on google says they are PROFESSIONAL pasta makers for professional caterers.  Think that may be the issue.  Will look them up next time we are in Italy
    That is why I bought a professional unit-- to use professionally in my food truck. That one is one of the few that are actually NSF certified. That hole where they pour in the liquids up top? Mine doesn't have one. When you take the top off, the machine safety turns it off so you have to pour the liquids in when it isn't running... which makes it leak out the bottom. We made the hole. Now the cutter doesn't even come close to fitting on there.

I need to slow down and work through the bugs is all. I am sure it will work fine eventually but I don't have the time for it right now.

Just kick one of them in the balls for me. That is all I ask.
    -Thomas Paine
    The lady at the hotel probably thinks I'm crazy.
    Last minute crap like that will make you crazy! Glad it worked out.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Ok... got guns and ammo sorted and packed. Need a couple of things from the sporting goods store tomorrow, but no biggie.
    -Thomas Paine
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Global NomadPosts: 6,052 Senior Member
    I am traveling by air and as such can’t bring any supplies with me, but if any of the hosts would like me to request Big Sexy the Uber Guy to divert our ride and pick something up, please PM me. 

Gun in wise I was planning on only bringing my EDC G19 and a few mags of my carry ammo (again, traveling light) but I can probably grab some 9mm ammo en route. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    I can bring a few boxes of 9mm with me.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    I have only made two shoots, but I bet less than 1/2 the guns are even shot. And if everyone shot all of the ammo they brought......

Just bring yourself. 
    I also have only made two. Both times I didn't even shoot what I brought, much less what everybody else brought. In fact I think I shot as many of other peoples guns as my own. Last time the height of the day was cp

I've made two as well and all the hoopla I put up about making this one and it's not looking like I'll be there. We can't go anywhere until Immigration tells us the case is settled. Still waiting.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    edited May 2019 #343
    Teach:
    I'm bringing an old smokepole for you to take a look at. Its an old Tower caplock from the War of Northern Aggression - I'd like to see what you think about putting it back into service. The nipple is missing, and the sear won't hold the hammer back - it did when I was a kid, but not now. It hasn't been fired in my lifetime, and probably well before...
    I'll stop by Friday PM if I get there early enough, otherwise we can yak about it Friday nite at dinner or "whenever"...

)O(
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,461 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #344
    Diver43 said:
    That is why I bought a professional unit-- to use professionally in my food truck. That one is one of the few that are actually NSF certified. That hole where they pour in the liquids up top? Mine doesn't have one. When you take the top off, the machine safety turns it off so you have to pour the liquids in when it isn't running... which makes it leak out the bottom. We made the hole. Now the cutter doesn't even come close to fitting on there.

I need to slow down and work through the bugs is all. I am sure it will work fine eventually but I don't have the time for it right now.

Just kick one of them in the balls for me. That is all I ask.
    You got it brother. 
    A swift kick it will be and ifnits a she, she gets it in the hind end.
    Was just joshen you on the pasta machine. It's a levels up from the one the wife uses
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member

I've probably got one very similar to compare with it.  Mine came from the bazaar in Kabul Afghanistan- - - -a 3-band Enfield made in Birmingham England in 1860, by the proofmarks, with a lock adapted from an 1870 Snyder conversion piece.  If these old warhorses could talk, what tales they could tell!

• Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 743 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #346
    Folks Friday night, actually Sat. at 1:50 AM I had a nasty fall in our kitchen. Bruised up pretty good from falling again as I tried to get out of the floor. Mr. Jerry and my brother Bob didn't hear me shouting for help, which was sort of scary. Anyhow, nothing is cancelled or put off but the old grey mare ain't kicking very high for sure. Still very sore and on pain meds, but I am definitely going to have to have some help and with Sue's recent diagnosis of cancer her stamina isn't what it would generally be. I don't want her to feel she has to shoulder too much. Sorry folks, wasn't even going to mention it but the pain is really kicking behind today and I figured I better say something so y'all would know if you see me gimping more than usual. :(
    I am so sorry to hear that Mary. I hope you get feeling better soon. I will be down there in about 14 hours with my 2 not so little helpers. If there is something you want or need, don't be shy-- we are here to help.
    -Thomas Paine
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member crusted in sandPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Debbie also said she will be more than happy to help where she can.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    I can probably grab some 9mm ammo en route. 
    Yea...don't bother. Have Sexy bring his 9mm AR too. I packed about 300 rounds, then seen 1000 rounds on sale and grabbed that too. We got a little bit of 9mm to burn.

I am hitting the road in 20 minutes.
    -Thomas Paine
    edited May 2019 #350
    Has anyone heard from Mike in Texas? (Snake) He said that there was a good chance that he was coming again but he hasn't even posted in a while that I can tell.
    Well it ain't gonna happen this year. We have been checking our case on the U.S.C.I.S. website to see if they did anything with our case yet. We needed sponsors and we got them and sent new Affidavits of Support off. They said they received them but they were still working on the case. That was two weeks back but they haven't sent us an update. We really can't travel until we get our case approved.

I live among illegals and nobody does crap about them but yet we did everything right and crossed every T and dotted every I and we are having to sweat.

Bringing my new girl to the shoot was a high priority for me this last year, and I really wanted to bring her. I'm really down right now. Keep us in your prayers.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,810 Senior Member
    I snagged some 1/2'' corrugated cardboard at work for paper targets.  Anyone have a couple fence posts to drive in to hold them?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    It's only 86 here right now but the heat index is 98. All that with 76 relative humidity of 76%. The wind is out of the south southeast at a steady 17 MPH which coming off the bay is keeping things relatively cool. If that wind slows down it's going to be sweltering.
    Miss Mary said:
    ... Sorry folks, wasn't even going to mention it but the pain is really kicking behind today and I figured I better say something so y'all would know if you see me gimping more than usual. :(
    Mary, that sucks. To echo others, we're here to help!

)O(
    Teach said:

I've probably got one very similar to compare with it.  Mine came from the bazaar in Kabul Afghanistan- - - -a 3-band Enfield made in Birmingham England in 1860, by the proofmarks, with a lock adapted from an 1870 Snyder conversion piece.  If these old warhorses could talk, what tales they could tell!

They sure could tell tales. This one has been in the family since new, came from "the wrong side" of the family - this rifle was on the wrong side of said war! My mother always called it "that DamnYankee rifle"

)O(
    Anyway, I'm in North Ga tonite, after picking up the Wrangler, and some $5 ammo cans (.50 cal). I bought a couple of extra, anybody who wants one or more, there here for ya! I'd really like to sell at least two of them, four would be OK too.
    I'd forgotten what a plate of spaghetti Atlanta is! Just to make the experience complete, it was trying to rain while I was driving through, in the dark!

)O(
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    edited May 2019 #356
    Yep, the Brits were equal-opportunity war profiteers- - - - -they sold .577 Enfields to both sides!  About 20 years ago, I reworked a Colt open-top .44 revolver that had been passed down through several generations of the family of the yamdankee who carried it in the War of Northern Aggression!  It had been dry-fired so much that the nipples were ruined, and the hammer nose wouldn't fit through the slot in the back of the frame.  Some very careful file work, a new hammer spring, replace a couple of missing or broken screws, and a good cleanup got it back into firing condition.  I advised the owner not to shoot it- - - -just keep it as a family heirloom.  Other than the nipples, I was able to find "new old stock" parts from the 1860's at Dixie Gun Works in Union City Tennessee.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Franklin, Ky.Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Everything loaded except for 3 coolers and a suitcase. Miss Mary, I'm bringing 4 of those 2x4 foot folding tables, geeze them things are heavy, and a couple of director chairs. The chairs and 2 of the tables are yours. I think I may have maxed out the payload limit on my little Patriot.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,810 Senior Member
    Got off work at 11:00....... trying to wind down and get to bed
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    edited May 2019 #359
    We made it to the Motel 6 without incident... then when I got here, there was a plastic penis and a $100 bill on my pillow... and a man sleeping in the other bed. I hope he isn't suggesting anything. I mean he is very sexy-- he looks like a wine label model or something, but I can't be bought!
    -Thomas Paine
  • ojrojr Senior Member New ZealandPosts: 1,333 Senior Member
    Every year i enjoy reading about and later looking at the stills of this gathering.
    i hope you all have a great time, take many photos.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
    edited May 2019 #361
    Diver43 said:.
    Was just joshen you on the pasta machine. It's a levels up from the one the wife uses
    So you are saying that instead of taking a sledge hammer to it, I should shoot it with a "Glock 40"?

-Thomas Paine