Home Main Category Clubhouse

Teach is gone

Replies

• gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 513 Senior Member
    If you take someone saying that someone on a crotch rocket should be shot as a threat so be it I would consider it an expression. I try not to get too opinionated on these boards because we don't know who were talking to but when I get pissed off I will give my opinion like it or not and banning is a choice someone else will make.i looked forward to reading Teaches posts and there are a few others on here too. Then there are the ones that peg the **** meter and I won't waste my time opening their posts
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Just for the record, nobody had even remotely mentioned flying around on crotch rockets. A member or two just mentioned owning or liking them and that guy took it upon himself to not only state that he hates them, but that the nearest concealed carrier should put a bullet in the owners of them. I haven’t been around long but the guy was always pissed off and nasty like he had a chip on his shoulder. No idea what his deal was but it seemed like he took new members as threats and did all he could to run them off because he felt they didn’t belong in “his house”. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,594 Senior Member
    Mr. Jerry, Chip on his shoulder?  The guys is a dump truck full of gun knowledge and skill in one human. He did not hesitate to call BS when he saw it on here, because he has the knowledge and you can not pull one over his eyes.   Some people do not like that, some hate to be called out when they talk BS or say something half right or true.  Teach had no problem telling you that you were wrong or a liar.  Guess now that he is gone those that never met him or had conversations with him can talk trash.  Too bad they didnt have the courage to do so while he was here to reply.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    And what does talking about motorcycle preferences have to do with anyone being a fake or phony? Nothing. This place is an Internet forum to talk about guns and off topic subjects. It may be a family to some of you, but not all of us are here for that and none of us have anything to prove to anyone else either. Some people are apparently taking an Internet forum too seriously and expecting others to prove something of themselves and I sure as hell don’t understand why. As for talking bad about Teach, I’m not. You say he was great at seeing through BS but I saw another member say that they met him, he’s a nice guy and they don’t why he acts the way he does online. Isn’t that exactly what he was supposedly against, being fake? Sounds like he fit right in that category all because he doesn’t like new faces/names.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,470 Senior Member
    Just got an email from him in an ongoing conversation about caplock nipples - told me EXACTLY what I needed to do to install a new nip on that old smokepole - including part numbers.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Oh your proving something alright. But you will never see anything wrong with anything you say or do. It's not worth discussing further with you.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I just wish everyone who is commenting could have met teach and talked with him for even just an hour. He wasn't what you think. I'm still hoping against hope his banning will be rescended and he'll take them up on it. This place needs him.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,983 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    I just wish everyone who is commenting could have met teach and talked with him for even just an hour. He wasn't what you think. I'm still hoping against hope his banning will be rescended and he'll take them up on it. This place needs him.
    This, as I said before never met him, but have spent more than a few hours on the phone with him, we cussed and discussed everything from  aircraft to zyglo and each other, If ya never met him or had a personal conversation with him, Dont judge him for a few outspoken words here that we all are guilty of.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 888 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    This comment and several like it are clearly a trend.  It would appear that Teach was a good man and well liked by his friends.  He appears to have been a generous man giving of himself, his knowledge and his resources.  Comments have been made to not judge him until you have met him and that is great advice.

But isn’t that just the point of the entire thread.  Many have asked for a courtesy to be granted too Teach that he himself seemed unwilling to extend to other members, especially the new ones.  It has been said he could spot a BS er and called it what it was, but it is then suggested others not to judge him on his apparent online behavior.  Maybe if he had not been so quick to judge people he had not met this thread would not even exist.

But whatever, this is just one mans observations, and I have met no one from this forum.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    A couple of others should be rescinded also.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,301 Senior Member
    I kind of miss the old yahoo chat rooms . You could say anything you wanted to & if people didn't want to hear it ..... they could block you & not have to put up with it . In type it is a lot tougher to know if someone is kidding or not . I don't recall if I have been attacked on here or not but at the end of the day it didn't change what I had for supper . Many good people get condemned every day for saying things others don't like . The real crime in my opinion is what is done ..... not talked about . I usually don't comment on things like this but with seeing what it is doing to this forum I felt the need to throw my opinion in . If PC gets much worse in this forum the only option is to find another place to talk & learn from each other .
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,434 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    I don't recall if I have been attacked on here or not but at the end of the day it didn't change what I had for supper .
    Oh, come on Ron that hurts. I've attacked you lots of times... But let's face it, they weren't very good attacks.
    :D

Old Ron said:
     If PC gets much worse in this forum the only option is to find another place to talk & learn from each other .
    If by PC, you mean Politeness Conditioning then I have to agree with you. Although, I never had you pegged as a foul mouthed individual in the first place.
    You hiding some dark secrets Ron?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

I agree with Ron - its just an Internet forum. Nothing worth getting butt hurt over. "Offense is for Liberals"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    I agree with Ron - its just an Internet forum. Nothing worth getting butt hurt over. "Offense is for Liberals"
    Tell that to those who believe that members have to prove themselves in some way or another.
    Spk said:
    Old Ron said:
    I don't recall if I have been attacked on here or not but at the end of the day it didn't change what I had for supper .
    Oh, come on Ron that hurts. I've attacked you lots of times... But let's face it, they weren't very good attacks.
    :D

Old Ron said:
     If PC gets much worse in this forum the only option is to find another place to talk & learn from each other .
    If by PC, you mean Politeness Conditioning then I have to agree with you. Although, I never had you pegged as a foul mouthed individual in the first place.
    You hiding some dark secrets Ron?

Yep I do have a foul mouth ..... I hide it well some times & others not so much . On the attacks ..... well I am old & not much bothers me any more . But thanks for the attention .... sorry I missed it . B)
    Bottom line is why each of us are here .
    Speaking for me only ..... I am here to meet new people with skills I don't have & learn what I can . Making friends is a nice plus but not at the top of my list . It is tough to learn if someone only wants to fight & stir the pot . ( but still can be done ) I once was called a troll ..... no idea what that meant but it didn't bother me at any rate . I have been treated really well by some here & given things ..... I do my best to do the same for other members . I don't analyze others personalities here .... just find ones that I can communicate with .
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,896 Senior Member
    I hate it that Teach is gone, I have been at his place and he has been here. I consider him a friend and that won't change with this. I have also met a moderator and he helped me in a difficult time more than I can express. This is a public forum and it has to attract new members as well as keep the old ones and they have rules you have to follow whether you agree with them or not. If the rules don't apply to everyone then that won't work. I don't think opinions are not allowed but how you express them. I will miss his posts.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Buford said:
    snake284 said:
    A couple of others should be rescinded also.

All I'm saying is I hope they will give him another chance. They've banned others and then given them another chance. This is his first and only banning. But this is just me hoping. I have no control over it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Just for the record, nobody had even remotely mentioned flying around on crotch rockets. A member or two just mentioned owning or liking them and that guy took it upon himself to not only state that he hates them, but that the nearest concealed carrier should put a bullet in the owners of them. I haven’t been around long but the guy was always pissed off and nasty like he had a chip on his shoulder. No idea what his deal was but it seemed like he took new members as threats and did all he could to run them off because he felt they didn’t belong in “his house”. 
    If you're going to quote some one, at least attempt to get close to what was actually said.  He said (paraphrasing) people who ride around on crotch rockets at high speeds on public roads should be executed for endangering not only them selves but everyone else on the road with them.  That is his opinion And He is entitled to it.  You're not entitled to imaginary quotes though.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,464 Senior Member
    Bamaak, FFL shooter......

Take it to PM.

Linefinder

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull

Take it to PM.

Linefinder

Isn't it right that everyone knows what was said, seeing the moderators took down the post?

That was a prime example of taking a comment out of context, even blatantly misquoting someone to make a comment fit your agenda.

If @Bamaak had not made his reply, anyone reading would have been lead to believe Teach made a threat to an individual and not a general comment.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,464 Senior Member
    Diver,

Please notice that I specifically told 2 members to take their apparently never ending difference of opinion to a private venue. That is what I said.

What did you misunderstand?

Mike

"Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
    Diver,

Please notice that I specifically told 2 members to take their apparently never ending difference of opinion to a private venue. That is what I said.

Mike

I Understand perfectly
    Just acknowledging that sometimes a reply is necessary, new people or those that have not logged in for a while may be mislead.
    Don't worry, my comments about the disservice the moderators have done to this forum are done. Teach and many long standing high contributing members are gone.
    Diver,

Mike

Linefinder,  OK, whatever you say.

JAY
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,877 Senior Member
    I find it comical that so many of you are so butt-hurt over his ban. I personally loved the guy (never met him) and his crass ways, except for how he treated new members just asking questions and seeking knowledge. I loved him more for his knowledge. You can't treat people like that on a public forum though. Especially when we are trying to educate more people about sport/ownership/self defense....etc. We have a tough enough road ahead of us without the alienation of "newbies". 
    edited June 2019 #87
    Diver43 said:

Take it to PM.

Linefinder

Isn't it right that everyone knows what was said, seeing the moderators took down the post?

That was a prime example of taking a comment out of context, even blatantly misquoting someone to make a comment fit your agenda.

If @Bamaak had not made his reply, anyone reading would have been lead to believe Teach made a threat to an individual and not a general comment.
    I did t blatantly mislead or misquote. I’m damn sure that what I wrote above is what he stated. Nobody had mentioned riding like an idiot on crotch rockets but he had to make some idiotic rant about people on crotch rockets speeding around and trying to defy physics by occupying the same space at the same time AND then needing shot by the nearest concealed carrier. I wish a mod would post it back up. You disagree with me because he’s your buddy and you’re sticking up for him, fine I can appreciate that. I’ve seen nothing to make me like or care for the guy which is my prerogative. We can disagree as adults and not act like petulant children for one, and two i still stick by what I wrote being right on line with what he said. I’d appreciate if a mod could verify that but understand if they won’t. As for now I’m done in this thread. Agree to disagree.
    Here in Fla. we have a problem with groups of crotch rockets on I-95 and other expressways doing wheelies at high speed weaving in and out of traffic and endangering other drivers. I saw first hand when 4 of them on US 1 southbound in Key Largo ( 45 mph limit) crossed the center line and T boned a car, one went over the hood 2 thru the front and rear passenger windows, and the last into the trunk, all were killed along with the parents and there 2 small kids, witness's said that they had run several cars off the road and police said they were well in excess of 100 mph. 

JAY
    edited June 2019 #89
    There are plenty of idiots across the spectrum, in both cars and bikes. Not mentioned are the Harleys blat-blat-blatting along at 50MPH in a 70 zone. Just as much a menace as the afore mentioned crotch rockets. Often in large groups, making it worse.
    And the idiots in BMWs (its always a BMW) weaving in and out of traffic at insane speeds, as well as the Priuses clogging the left lane.
    That in no way means that every Harley, BMW, Prius, crotch rocket, whatever - driver is that way - just that fools exist everywhere.
    Just watch out regardless of what it is if it has California plates!

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,434 Senior Member
    These kind of guys. They get together online and organize group swarms then "take over" streets, roads, highways -- often in reckless ways. Folks like this are in desperate need of an etiquette lesson but I wouldn't suggest vigilantism online. -- 🕵️‍♂️

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Hope to find TEACH on another forum. Also hope he is in good health