Home Main Category Clubhouse

Sorry to hear Big Chief has passed Condolences. Your Life really changes.

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
I haven't been on the forum since early December. My wife Got sick back in Dec. spent 11 days in the hospital taking numerous test. Never did determine the actual problem. Sent to Rehab for 11 days then released to go home in January. Seemed to get somewhat better, regained some weight, but still not well. On March 18th she was supposed to go back to the hospital for some blood tests, but didn't feel well so cancelled the appointment on Wednesday, she still refused to go to the hospital. Later that day she had loose stool almost all day, on and off the toilet all afternoon. The final time was at around 3:30 A.M. when I helped her to bed. She wasn't in bed for 10 minutes and had difficult breathing. I called 911 and they responded and started CPR. She passed at 4:12 A.M. 3-21-2019, quietly in her sleep.

We were 37 days short of our 50th Anniversary. She was 62 days short of her 75th birthday. At least she didn't suffer and have to go back to the hospital for extended tests for who knows how long.
She is now at Peace.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear of your loss, I am sure it has been a tough few months with those milestones on the horizon, Just Prayed o:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    edited July 2019 #3
    Goddess Bless her and you, and may she dance in joy! Along with Didi and Big Chief - I think Didi's holding dance class right now...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    I'm really sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences to you and your family!!
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,092 Senior Member
    Very heartfelt condolences to you and family.

Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Very sorry to hear of your loss. Wishing you strength as your life adjusts
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    My condolences to you and your family.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,070 Senior Member
    Our condolences to you and your family.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,890 Senior Member
    Condolences to you and yours. Rough year for the forum family.

Sako
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear if the loss of your wife. Prayers for you and the family. Like Sakodude said, been a hard year for the forum family.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    So sorry for your loss. Sincere condolences. 😥
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Take comfort in the knowledge that she is in Grace. Her job here on Earth done and she was called home. Loved ones will always be missed but don't fret :'( ... I'm sure she wouldn't like that.

But it has been a rough year for the forum family.
    Again, my heart goes out to you and yours.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,108 Senior Member
    Sad to hear this Nomadac. My prayers to to and your family for your loss.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Prayers and condolences to you and your family!!
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    My condolences for your loss!

The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Hard times...very sorry for your loss...Me and mine are holding you and yours in our hearts...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    My prayers to for you and your family for your loss.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,292 Senior Member
    My condolences to you and to your family
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss, prayers and condolences to you.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire