Home Main Category General Firearms

Just found out some bad news about Rainier bullets

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 20,861 Senior Member
edited July 2019 in General Firearms #1
Seems they shut their doors a few months back.

I use quite a few of their bullets, 335gr HP in my 50 Beowulf, 300gr HP in some 44 mag loads (when I'm not using my cast WFN-GC) and that same bullet also has performed well for me in sabots in my ML. I also use them in my 45 and 40/10mm

During the shortage a few years back, they'd discontinued the 300gr 0.429" HP bullets and I was going to call them today and see if they had plans to start making them again.

I guess not  :'(

Luckily, for the 'wulf, I still have an unopened 1000ct (I think, it may only be 500) box when someone had them on sale with free shipping. The mailman was NOT happy with me the day they were delivered
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,291 Senior Member
    Maybe someone will pick up the company and start it up again. It's happened before. I wouldn't give up hope just yet.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,740 Senior Member
    I've went through 500 .451 230gr rn's. Good bullets.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,857 Senior Member
    Someone will buy the company and give it a go under a different name. But yeah, that sucks. I use Rainier bullets also.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    Didnt this just happen to Xtreem bullets as well?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,861 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:
    Didnt this just happen to Xtreem bullets as well?
    I think so
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,426 Senior Member
    I know the Xtreem bullets disappeared from store shelves, but are back again.  I have always spotted boxes of Rainier bullets on the shelf though.
    edited July 2019 #8
    Yeah, Xtreme Bullets filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy June 8th, 2018 in Nevada Courts.

But they seem to be back in business.

I hope the same happens with Rainier. 🤞

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

About Rainier,
    Rainier Bullets
    Saturday, May 11, 2019

We recently received news that Rainier Ballistics was stopping production.  Very sorry to hear this as they had top of the line products and a fine staff. We've been one of their distributors for a long time and really hate to see them go. We also heard they were looking for a buyer, so someone may step up to the plate and buy them and get them running again. However, until then, we are going to close out our Rainier line of bullets. This reduces our line of plated bullets, so we'll be looking for a new vendor soon. If anyone has any suggestions, please let us know. In the mean time, we wish them the best on the sale of their company.

https://www.usreloadingsupply.com/news-rainier-ballistics-closing

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,122 Senior Member
    Wow, that sucks.  They made a ton of great options for cheap, plinking and training ammo that I loaded over the years.  Hopefully, a buyer comes along and tunes up their processes to make them profitable and productive again.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    edited July 2019 #11
    The problem with plating is the chemicals involved are hazmat and are the responsibility of the company, forever.  So if in the process of disposal/storage a spill happens, They foot the bill.  Or their insurance does which is probably what their biggest expense.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,008 Senior Member
    I used a lot of their stuff when I could not find Berry’s plated bullets in stock.

sucks
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    I've stocked up on Berry's. 👍

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Missouri Bullet Company  https://missouribullet.com/
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,400 Senior Member
    BigDanS said:
    Missouri Bullet Company  https://missouribullet.com/
    Their FAQ is a hoot to read - seem like good folks.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."