Home Main Category Clubhouse

I want one of these for Christmas

SpkSpk Senior MemberPosts: 3,966 Senior Member
I'd be dead by New Year's but what a way to go. :D

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Replies

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    Join the French military.  They will give you one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvEMQalsHWs
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    Join the French military.  They will give you one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvEMQalsHWs
    Need to get that white flag high enough for the Panzers to see it.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    You suppose it's new standard issue for the modern French army? A part of their tactical retreat package?

This means evil super villains are right around the corner.
    :o
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    Make it so you can squat down on it. Pigeons would take a back seat to poopin' on people and cars if that happened! :D:D:D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike said:
    Make it so you can squat down on it. Pigeons would take a back seat to poopin' on people and cars if that happened! :D:D:D
    It'd be great for political rallies. Fly by moonings.

We'll see how long it takes to get these things banned also.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,628 Senior Member
    Meh, some #1 or #0 buck shot and a full choke should do the trick
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Here is a longer video shot when he was demonstrating it in Naples, FL.  It is powered by 6 small turbine engines with a combined HP rating of somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000 HP.  Top speed is around 100 mph.  The backpack contains the fuel bladder and the throttle is controlled by a wireless controller in his hand.

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    It is pretty cool.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    I wonder what a Wipeout looks like on one of those things?
    I'm sure it's worse than a skateboard.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,664 Senior Member
    I think I can live without finding out - at least first hand!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    It might be a safe bet that he'll be enjoying his invention till the day he dies.

In the meantime, I see movie contract!

If you have ever seen the jet ski water jet powered version, same inventor.  He saw this as the logical next step in the design of that product.  The reason he makes flying it look easy is because of his hours of experience on the water jet version.....and also there is a pretty serious computer program helping stabilize the platform.

I can already see his invention in a Bond movie. He'll probably have to fly it since I don't think any of the stunt guys would be able to master it like he has.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    I'm waiting for a flying motorcycle......something like what they used in a couple of Star Wars movies.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • joyjoy22joyjoy22 Posts: 44 Member
    Behold the future, it seems fun trying this ride. 
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Not for me.  I can't even stay up on a skate board...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Yep, like I said -- I get one on Christmas and I'd be dead by New Year's. It might take that long to get aboard the dang thing.
    :D

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    He tried crossing the English channel with it and crashed...

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    edited July 2019 #20
    "The flyboard looks like a chunky skateboard and is powered by five small engines."
    Leave it to CNN to get the details wrong.  It has six turbine engines, not five.  The four mains propel it and the two outriggers are computer controlled to add stability.

• gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    It would have to have a Detroit diesel engine to get my fat butt off the ground 
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs