Home Main Category General Firearms

Range report on the rebarreled custom Tikka now in 6.5CM

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,031 Senior Member
edited July 2019 in General Firearms #1
Yesterday I was able to get the new Tikka on paper.  Unfortunately, it shot like buck shot and I had to leave for an overnight business trip.  I figured it had to be something with the scope or mount so I left for my trip.  As I was driving to Austin my customer called a cancelled our meetings for today.  Fantastic!  I got back home and took the scope off to see if the mounts were lose, though I had checked them prior to mounting the scope.  Low and behold on the Warne quick detachable mount one of the aluminum lugs that goes down into the picatinny rail fell out some how.  I looked and looked and couldn't find it.  Later that evening, I found it while vacuuming.  I remounted the scope this morning and headed out to the range.  

Very interesting, the up/down on the new scope was dead on and required no changes.  The right/left was 4" right.  Not too bad.  I shot a couple of 3-shot 100 yard groups once I had the rifle sighted in.  All of the new groups were in the .4 & .5" range.  I let the barrel cool down and put up a new target for one last 3-shot group.  For only 16 rounds down through the new KP match barrel the rifle shoots great.  Chad at Dallas Custom Reloads new 143 gr ELD-X ammo is fantastic! 

This evening I'm planning on stretching it out to 200 yards which is as far as my official range goes.  Can't wait for this years deer season.

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies