Home Main Category Clubhouse

Banned members, why and should they have been.

Replies

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,813 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    Where where did you find the old popcorn smiley?
    Someone posted it the other day and I copied it.
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 886 Senior Member
    Gila said:

Well, now you are just rubbing it in.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Why did CPJ leave?  To many Zorba dress pics?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:

New quote feature. 

Kidding. 

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    He left on his own, stops in once in a while.  The reason is his to tell as he can log in when he wishes.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,090 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    BAMAAK said:
    He left on his own, stops in once in a while.  The reason is his to tell as he can log in when he wishes.
    Actually no...he can't...He requested that I ban him and remove his content...I complied with his wishes...

He can come back as a new member any time he wishes though...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,270 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    Diver43 said:
    BAMAAK said:
    Actually no...he can't...He requested that I ban him and remove his content...I complied with his wishes...

No history of that...
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    I stand corrected
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    CPJ and I email back and forth from time-to-time, so he can't be too "scared" of me!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    JKP said:
    Jayhawker said:
    Diver43 said:
    BAMAAK said:

No history of that...
    No history of what?
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,757 Senior Member
    Since this threads content has stuff about members disappearing, I'll put this here. Shannon Hayes has been absent for a bit because his computer is having problems.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,253 Senior Member
    Since this threads content has stuff about members disappearing, I'll put this here. Shannon Hayes has been absent for a bit because his computer is having problems.
    Thanks for that update. I actually checked his profile this morning, wondering where he'd been. He had been beat up pretty hard by Teach upon his joining, and cold shouldered by others after the fact. I was hoping he wasn't another victim of premature friendly fire.

Shannon....if you can read this, get your computer back up and running. You belong here.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Thanks for that update. I actually checked his profile this morning, wondering where he'd been. He had been beat up pretty hard by Teach upon his joining, and cold shouldered by others after the fact. I was hoping he wasn't another victim of premature friendly fire.

Shannon....if you can read this, get your computer back up and running. You belong here.

Mike
    Imagine that.
    I'll let him know other members are thinking of him.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Thanks MMD. I’ve PM’d Shannon a couple times and have heard nothing. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Shannon says thank you for your concern.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,270 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    JKP said:
    Jayhawker said:
    Diver43 said:
    BAMAAK said:

No history of that...
    No history of what?
    It was a joke. Lighten up Francis. 

No history of someone asking for their history to be removed them come back under another user name...
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,112 Senior Member

I've seen new members come in and immediately start posting as if they know everything.  Heck, I thought Zee was full of crap when he first started posting.  It didn't take long, though, to learn otherwise. He's not the only one, either.

I like to give newbies the benefit of the doubt until they post something totally stupid, like the guy who wanted a gun for shooting big foot, or another who was a member of an elite mall security force who had special boots that allowed him to climb walls.  Those guys are pretty obvious, and I like to have a little fun with them before they get the hammer.

The mods do not have an easy job.  Imagine having to read every post made to make sure someone isn't out of line.  I rarely go into the self defense forum, and only read some of what is posted in the other 3.  Having to read everything would sure take all of the enjoyment out of the forum for me.  I'm surprised that Linefinder and Bullsi911 can still do it.

Mods, keep on keeping on.  You're doing just fine.  If someone's NOT complaining about the job you're doing, then you're probably doing it all wrong.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 24,516 Senior Member
    Shannon says thank you for your concern.
    I like that guy. We’ve PMd back and forth some. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    edited July 2019 #113
    I remember the evening Zee first joined. DanJ was gone on another trip and it was just Bullsi & me minding the store.

We had a conversation about this new member in the mod cave, and we were both of the opinion that he was a 14 year old with no parental controls on his computer. But, we decided to give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit.

See how that works? ;)

Mike
    N454casull
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,521 Senior Member
    He's 12.
    Overkill is underrated.
    I will say this about this forum: while cliquish, the members will answer most newbie questions. 

On other forums, the answer to common questions is - use the search function. Not here. 
    Overkill is underrated.
    You're tall for your age, I'll give you that.
    Overkill is underrated.
    I will say this about this forum: while cliquish, the members will answer most newbie questions. 

On other forums, the answer to common questions is - use the search function. Not here. 
    I belong to 2 other forums.....

One is a pipe-smokers forum and they are civil and very welcoming of newbies. I've yet to ask a question that wasn't almost immediately answered by multiple "old timers".

The other is an airgun forum. I've had one question answered directly, while the others were directed to the search function.

Guess which forum I don't frequent any more.

Mike
    N454casull
    I'm also on a fly fishing group....now I have always known that the sport has always had a particularly high percentage of opinionated rectal sphincters....but trying to have a civil conversation with anyone is damned near impossible....and new members really have to run the gauntlet....
  • N454casullN454casull Member Posts: 612 Senior Member
    Everything you need to know about fly fishing you can learn from Hank Patterson on YouTube. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    The most toxic forum I've ever encountered was a piano forum. Pianos! Who knew? The next worst was one devoted to a particular brand of motorhome - what a bunch of effete poseurs....
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."